Join for free
Page 44 of 52 « First < 34 42 43 44 45 46 > Last »
Nimby
Cardiff UK
Nimby is female  Nimby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2014, 11:23 AM

Re: Over 50s Club Wales Part 2

Just finished writing all Christmas cards ...all the ones that need posting that is......stamps cost more than the cards !
Celyn
Hampshire
Celyn is female  Celyn has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2014, 12:52 PM

You obviously didnt read my grumble Nimby, on another thread. Stamps cost me £80 last week (including those going abroad) I have written 50 cards, only anoth 70 to go. Having moved around the country we have built up a lot of friends and contacts. I exchange letters with about 90 of them!! Getting the updates, from them, is part of Christmas for me.

Glorious morning, cold to start. Fynn had her first off lead walk today , legs a bit shaky but doing OK. Didn't help that some unruly mut decided to give her a bit of a working over. She is such a pacifist, and I was not impressed with the owner (managed to bite my tongue, and keep expletives locked inside)

Now just firing up the generator, running it for an hour, and checking it to make sure it's OK for the winter.

Have agood Monday,

Celyn
rowser
United Kingdom Carmarthenshire
rowser is female  rowser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2014, 01:48 PM

I would like to stop sending Christmas cards as most of the folks at home and abroad that I send cards to I contact and share pics and updates with on line. I really would prefer this money to go to a charity but I can't make the break with tradition so the card thing goes on.

Had an email yesterday from my cousin (Vicki) in Sussex, many of you have shared my family tree revelations. Vicki has now been given the go ahead to have a plaque commemorating our G.Grandfather who died on the H.M.S Warrior installed on this historic ship which is now in The Historic Dock at Portsmouth. Really pleased so a contribution is on it's way and our family tree is to be displayed aside the plaque--I'm well chuffed
Jac
Wales UK
Jac is female  Jac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2014, 02:23 PM

Lovely thing for your family Rowser
Glad Flyn was ok Celyn
Lovely sunshine here and I've just had to reopen my window as I'm right in the eye of the sun
Decided to get hovering done today after visitors yesterday when my hoover decided to pack up . I bashed it a bit an Alhamdullilah it started working again so all nice and tidy
Daughter bought me some mini Stolens from Li--l and I can recommend them,dont think they will see Xmas lol
doctor
west wales
doctor is male  doctor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2014, 02:32 PM

you be careful with that hovering jaq lol
Nimby
Cardiff UK
Nimby is female  Nimby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2014, 06:54 PM

Just had my first carol singer......he comes every year and he can only sing We wish you a Merry Xmas ...he has issues bless him. I said he was early this year and he said he was avoiding the bad weather as he only went singing when the weather was good
Jac
Wales UK
Jac is female  Jac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2014, 01:45 PM

Lousy day here ,cold and wind is really getting up
Had to go for my two jabs with nurse and had a date for my colonoscopy Jan 5th . The nurse told me that I will have to take 20 Senna tabs the day before so that should be fun lol
Celyn
Hampshire
Celyn is female  Celyn has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2014, 03:16 PM

20 Senna tabs!!! They make you drink the foulest liquid with the most dire results, in Winchester. I know they do in Cardiff as well, so consider yourself possibly lucky Jac
Jac
Wales UK

09-12-2014, 06:38 PM

That's what I expected Celyn, don't know which is worse !!!!
Enfys
South Wales
Enfys is female  Enfys has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2014, 09:25 PM

Been to my youngest grandson's school Christmas concert.First time he's stayed on the stage through the whole show.He's in a special unit for Autistic children in the school,he did some of the actions,but had a big melt down after he came off the stage,bless him.I so admire the teachers at the school,they have such patience with the children.

Page 44 of 52 « First < 34 42 43 44 45 46 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top