Join for free
Page 48 of 50 « First < 38 46 47 48 49 50 >
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2015, 10:30 AM

Re: Jeremy Corbyn has done it!!

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Hello Arfa - I agree with you a royalist I am not
But prime ministers 'have' to act accordingly and I think his show of a lack of respect is like a naughty schoolboy defiant of the teacher.
There's a time and place for everything and on the world stage is 'not' the place
That is exactly the right place to snub them Patsy.
Oliver Cromwell is my favourite from History, but to be fair Geoff, we have moved on from that barbaric times.
The Royals have moved the goalposts, they stick there uncle in exile because he wanted to marry a divorcee, then allow their son to do exactly the same thing.
That is a good example of sticking to your principles, and he was the King of England.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2015, 11:00 AM

Jeremy Corbyn is not setting a good example to our young people, regardless of what you think of royalty or the laws of the land (both written and unwritten) they are the laws and without them there would be anarchy. You can't just ignore the laws and traditions you don't like when you are a public figure. We live in a democratic country, and royalty should be respected or contested on a commonwealth wide decision. I agree with Patsy, he is behaving like a naughty schoolboy and its not the sort of thing you would expect from a prospective prime minister.
scot37
Aberdeenshire
scot37 is male  scot37 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2015, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by Wrinkly ->
Oliver Cromwell is my favourite from History, but to be fair Geoff, we have moved on from that barbaric times.
The Royals have moved the goalposts, they stick there uncle in exile because he wanted to marry a divorcee, then allow their son to do exactly the same thing.
That is a good example of sticking to your principles, and he was the King of England.
I think the abdication of Edward V111 was more of a political decision than a royal decision. Wallis Simpson was a double divocee and divorced her second husband to marry Edward. He was King of the United Kingdom by the way. Times have changed since then.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2015, 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by Wrinkly ->

And even as Prince of Wales, Charlie the tird still pokes his nose into political matters to alter or change Ministers' opinions which directly affect him.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2015, 11:56 AM

Reading comments and opinions on here, one thing is perfectly clear: we are a nation of people who cannot agree with each other. Unlike some other countries, where people pull together for the common good, we tend to pull apart for our own personal good.

Royalists v. Republicans
Left wing politics v. Right wing
Stay in the EU v. Leave the EU
Welcome illegal immigrants v. Keep them out
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2015, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Ignoring the fact that a number of senior 'nasty party' politicians did likewise and they weren't criticised for doing so - rather smacks of double-standards doesn't it???

Yes it does
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2015, 02:26 PM

Hi

So much for Corbyn's statement that he is all for the working man.

We have over 500,000 illegals here in the UK. many working in the Black Economy, not contributing at all to the public purse yet at the same time getting free healthcare, paid for by the taxpayer.

Simple proposal from the government, make sure landlords check that tenants have a right to be in the UK, yet that is Racist according to Corbyn and his sidekicks.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-34498836
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2015, 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

So much for Corbyn's statement that he is all for the working man.

We have over 500,000 illegals here in the UK. many working in the Black Economy, not contributing at all to the public purse yet at the same time getting free healthcare, paid for by the taxpayer.
Yes. I wonder whether Corbyn's (and his party's) intention is to support the British working class or 'our new guests' who are willing to undercut the British workers and cause them to lose their jobs.

If, as it appears, it is the latter perhaps they should change their name from 'The Labour Party' to the 'Immigrant Support Party'.

The ISP? Yes, that has a certain ring to it!
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2015, 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Yes. I wonder whether Corbyn's (and his party's) intention is to support the British working class or 'our new guests' who are willing to undercut the British workers and cause them to lose their jobs.

If, as it appears, it is the latter perhaps they should change their name from 'The Labour Party' to the 'Immigrant Support Party'.

The ISP? Yes, that has a certain ring to it!
The voice of the 'lumpen element' again.!!!
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2015, 04:31 PM

The only party that ever put me out of work is the incumbent pile of poo!

Page 48 of 50 « First < 38 46 47 48 49 50 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top