Join for free
Page 49 of 55 « First < 39 47 48 49 50 51 > Last »
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2016, 01:12 PM

Re: The Aftermath of the referendum

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Jeremy Corbyn is still refusing to step down as Labour leader - even better and bloody greater good news
Yes, all strength to his arm. The longer he stays in position, the better for all of us.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2016, 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Martial law can not be far away I fear. Be prepared, do not allow yourselves and loved ones to be dragged off to FEMA concentration camps.
When the people are formally told that democracy does not exist and they must do what they are told and will have to stay in the EU just because the EU says so, then all hell will break loose. Most people will just succumb, but many will oppose such tyranny just as their fathers and Grandfathers did in the Great Wars. We will have an "Ireland"/IRA style country for many years to come with pockets of resistance constantly fighting the police state. It will get very ugly very quickly. What a legacy for our children and young people, if only they truly realised what has been going on.
Not a very nice thought, but a distinct possibility I'm afraid.

As I've said before, we live in interesting times and I'm sure that whatever happens to this country historians will have some fascinating things to write, amongst them how the British people of the 20th and 21st centuries are adept at falling out and pulling against each other.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2016, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Not a very nice thought, but a distinct possibility I'm afraid.

As I've said before, we live in interesting times and I'm sure that whatever happens to this country historians will have some fascinating things to write, amongst them how the British people of the 20th and 21st centuries are adept at falling out and pulling against each other.
More likely it will record how the ruling elite managed to dupe and condition populations across the globe to make them conform and be subordinates.

History is already replete with similar stories, we will simply add to that list.
PhilipM
Wales, UK
PhilipM is male  PhilipM has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2016, 12:11 PM

We do indeed " live in interesting times " and I wish that it was otherwise! I was a strong Remain but that is now history, It is a matter of how to get us out of this self inflicted mess and I think May looks the least worst person to do it given that we have to have a Tory.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2016, 01:41 PM

Dare I say, "Well said!" now running and hiding!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2016, 01:43 PM

No need to run and hide we are all entitled to our opinions even wrong ones
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2016, 02:16 PM

It's the personal attacks and squabbling that will hold this country back from moving on.
Trying to bully people into conceding to your opinion is not encouraging discussion or debate.
Perhaps you'd like all those who voted remain to leave?
You'd have to find something else to fight about!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2016, 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
It's the personal attacks and squabbling that will hold this country back from moving on.
Trying to bully people into conceding to your opinion is not encouraging discussion or debate.
Perhaps you'd like all those who voted remain to leave?
You'd have to find something else to fight about!
I know its all got far too personal for me it is the accusations of racism and bigotry we have had to endure, that started very early on in the campaign. I think we all have had some experience of the nasty way this has been conducted.
PhilipM
Wales, UK
PhilipM is male  PhilipM has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2016, 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
...Martial law can not be far away I fear. Be prepared, do not allow yourselves and loved ones to be dragged off to FEMA concentration camps....
Oh what is this drivel and who are FEMA supposed to be?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

06-07-2016, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by PhilipM ->
Oh what is this drivel and who are FEMA supposed to be?
FEMA pop up in post apocolyptic fiction a lot, USA based usually driving military vehicles rounding up populations for nefarious reasons. Its only place i have found them as a fan of the genre i prefer uk based stories but they are few and far between whereas usa based fiction is rife.

Page 49 of 55 « First < 39 47 48 49 50 51 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top