Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2016, 06:06 PM

Re: Outrageous Council Rates!

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
To be fair services like the Fire Brigade and Police are state government services. The Fire Brigade is actually paid for by a tax on property insurance policies but this is to be replaced soon with a levy/tax on council rates (so they will go up again soon). The Rural Fire Service (Bush Fire Brigade) is a voluntary organisation.
Not where I live. They are apparently paid for from our council tax. To clarify, I welcome these payments and, if I had my way, more of the money I pay in council tax would go to them rather than the wasteful rubbish that the council seems to spend money on.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2016, 06:51 PM

Hi

Strange isn't that many condemn Philip Green for his raid on the BHS Pension Scheme but complain about Local and National Government Pensions.

Before Blair and Brown raiding the Pension Schemes, they were in profit, very well funded, the employees paid into them.

Having been stabbed, shot and blown up, I am completely racked off that my Pension is 20% less than it should have been.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2016, 07:00 PM

I haven't complained about council staff's pensions. As long as they are essential and productive people, I believe they deserve what they get.
I worry, though, about the senior members of local councils. You know, the ones who get paid more than the PM and go on such things as all expenses paid 'fact finding' junkets to foreign countries.

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top