Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario
AutumnColour is female  AutumnColour has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2014, 12:19 AM

Re: More fun here?

Originally Posted by Robert Junior ->
What's this..........
That's Eloise, my sweet little Skinny pig. She & her brothers were born at our place. Skinny pigs are hairless guinea pigs. There's the father on my album too I believe, Pinkerton. He's all pink, hence his name.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2014, 11:06 AM

Well, that’s a new one on me.
Back in the 1970’s I kept a colony of guinea pigs in a big shed in the garden with a huge wire run adjoining.

I also kept Shelties, Peruvian long haired & Abyssinian.

I must have developed my cavy interest from my aunt Phythian whose animals were reknown for their quiet & placid nature.
Her first name was Dymnpha , the tragically beautiful Irish Princess

Aunt Phythian ‘s husband Algernon had a massive heart attack , leaving her a widow with 17 children to care for, all girls.

The shock of uncle Algernon’s sudden death & the realisation that she’d never have a boy now , resulted in her hair going white, then falling out altogether.
An ingenious solution was close to hand, she simply trained some of her better long haired Peruvian cavies to sit motionless on her head, sometimes for hours on end.

This little ruse was a great success, gaining many compliments from her fellow cavy keepers & looks of incredulity from the more streetwise folk.

Bless her, for when she discovered that her most used pet “Florian” suffered from vertigo. She abandoned her ruse & began to appear quite bald in public.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2014, 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by AutumnColour ->
That's Eloise, my sweet little Skinny pig. She & her brothers were born at our place. Skinny pigs are hairless guinea pigs. There's the father on my album too I believe, Pinkerton. He's all pink, hence his name.

I thought it was a guinea pig, but one with a skin condition that you'd rescued AC, sorry! I must admit I never knew there were naturally hairless ones.
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2014, 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by Losos ->
When are we going to read more about your animals and (if you have the technology) some piccies please
Bit late in the thread maybe but Yeah AC - what about your animals whadyagot, eh-eh-eh?? Luv piccies of pigs, chickens 'n all that - really! stevmk2
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario
AutumnColour is female  AutumnColour has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2014, 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by stevmk2 ->
Bit late in the thread maybe but Yeah AC - what about your animals whadyagot, eh-eh-eh?? Luv piccies of pigs, chickens 'n all that - really! stevmk2
Go to my profile Steve. My photo album on the right is called A Little Bit of our Sanctuary. There's about 45 pics there, lol.
We have more critters including 4 groups of rats but I figured the site might collapse if I included everyone
Take care
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2014, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by AutumnColour ->
Well learn something new everyday I admit I thought you had a clangers ! Anyone remember them ?
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2014, 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Well learn something new everyday I admit I thought you had a clangers ! Anyone remember them ?
I remember them well Julie, especially the soup dragon. A friend of ours was a police sergeant and for some reason we christened him sergeant soup dragon, he´s still referred to by that name
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario

27-05-2014, 12:45 PM

Clangers? lol
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2014, 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by lilac ->
I am naughty..I like ''goading'' people a bit..it's all in fun..I would be horrified if I thought I had actually hurt someone..
Perhaps I will have to tone ''me'' down a little!!
So you are naughty eh! Lilac.
You like 'goading' people eh! Lilac.
I shall have to watch out for you.
Me having led a sheltered life, like.

AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario

30-05-2014, 08:22 PM

Oh cripes, a new member we have to watch out for now as well?? Me thinks we have enough (pardon moi, "to watch out for, that 'tis")

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top