Join for free
Page 5 of 8 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2018, 02:21 PM

Re: YES: My favourite band. Analysis, thoughts about Yes or/& any derivative

Originally Posted by Bobby Àmericano ->
Thanks, Nom. Glad you enjoyed them!
Ditto what Nom said, Bobby.
You really are a Yes aficionado, your knowledge of them is pretty awesome. Great to The Syn too
Bobby Àmericano
AMERICA
Bobby Àmericano is male  Bobby Àmericano has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2018, 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Ditto what Nom said, Bobby.
You really are a Yes aficionado, your knowledge of them is pretty awesome. Great to The Syn too
Thanks buddy! I have had a few years...
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2018, 02:25 PM

Thanks buddy! I have had a few years...
I know I'm a youngster on the forum but the only time I wish I was older is when it comes to music. There's so much I missed first hand in the late 60's and throughout the 70's!
Bobby Àmericano
AMERICA
Bobby Àmericano is male  Bobby Àmericano has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2018, 02:33 PM

I know I'm a youngster on the forum but the only time I wish I was older is when it comes to music. There's so much I missed first hand in the late 60's and throughout the 70's!
For sure, dude. How old are you? I am 54
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

17-03-2018, 02:53 PM

For sure, dude. How old are you? I am 54
Really! I'm only a year younger than you are then. I was thinking you had seen them live in the early days etc.
Bit like myself with Pink Floyd then I guess. Bought The Wall (or the single anyway) then explored their past glories.
Bobby Àmericano
AMERICA

17-03-2018, 03:37 PM

Really! I'm only a year younger than you are then. I was thinking you had seen them live in the early days etc.
Bit like myself with Pink Floyd then I guess. Bought The Wall (or the single anyway) then explored their past glories.
Lol! Ya, just turned 54 a couple of weeks ago. I had an older brother that turned me on to classic 70s and late 60s rock but Yes were a self discovery... probably like you and Floyd.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

17-03-2018, 04:18 PM

Lol! Ya, just turned 54 a couple of weeks ago. I had an older brother that turned me on to classic 70s and late 60s rock but Yes were a self discovery... probably like you and Floyd.
Just thinking now about this.
We tend to buy a compilation to start with. With the Floyd it was 'A Collection of Great Dance Songs' that was my introduction to the band And I know my first Yes album was 'Classic Yes'. Both around 1981 and both had six tracks on them. After that I began to explore.....
Bobby Àmericano
AMERICA

17-03-2018, 04:21 PM

Just thinking now about this.
We tend to buy a compilation to start with. With the Floyd it was 'A Collection of Great Dance Songs' that was my introduction to the band And I know my first Yes album was 'Classic Yes'. Both around 1981 and both had six tracks on them. After that I began to explore.....
Makes sense. For me, I think Rick Wakeman was the Gateway Drug! Lol.
Bobby Àmericano
AMERICA

19-03-2018, 05:18 AM

Robert Downey Jr sings Your Move with Jon Anderson and Steve Howe. Nice version! I like when Jon says, encouragingly, "C'mon, Robert!"

Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

19-03-2018, 06:15 AM

Robert Downey Jr sings Your Move with Jon Anderson and Steve Howe. Nice version! I like when Jon says, encouragingly, "C'mon, Robert!"

It is good isn't it? I never knew Robert Downey Jr was a singer.
Talking of duets, have you heard the Steve Howe and Jon Anderson version of Dylan's 'Sad Eyed Lady of the Lowlands'? That's really good.
Can't post it 'cos I'm on my mobile, but I'll try later.

Page 5 of 8 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top