Join for free
Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >
eyes_of_a_painter
n
eyes_of_a_painter is male  eyes_of_a_painter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2016, 05:07 PM

Re: Suffering

Originally Posted by Hanfonius ->
I used to be old once.

I didn't like it, so I became young again.
Thats really the way to go. Infact, the lifestyle of most people over 60 is younger.
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2016, 06:02 PM

Yes strange world Ru.

I live on a farm with only a rough bridle-way running through it, yes I wish it was a river like the film.
Mention it as the bridle-way being in the country is used a lot by walkers etc. Funny old world that once people are in the country they say "Good Day" or want to stop and talk. Often they are a pain as I am in physical pain all the time and at times I could do without the extra standing.
Point being is if the same people passed me in town they would say nothing at all. Strange how people change in the countryside, reason I love it.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2016, 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by dukeofearl ->
Yes strange world Ru.

I live on a farm with only a rough bridle-way running through it, yes I wish it was a river like the film.
Mention it as the bridle-way being in the country is used a lot by walkers etc. Funny old world that once people are in the country they say "Good Day" or want to stop and talk. Often they are a pain as I am in physical pain all the time and at times I could do without the extra standing.
Point being is if the same people passed me in town they would say nothing at all. Strange how people change in the countryside, reason I love it.
I also live in the country and I will say hello to anybody I see on the lanes around my house. I often wonder if people who live in towns or cities are more aware of potential dangers than we are.
eyes_of_a_painter
n
eyes_of_a_painter is male  eyes_of_a_painter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2016, 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I also live in the country and I will say hello to anybody I see on the lanes around my house. I often wonder if people who live in towns or cities are more aware of potential dangers than we are.
When I lived in Spain and traveled throughout the country the people in the small towns were much more open and friendly. Large city folk are very suspicious of one another. Here in Miami where the crime rate is very high very rarely will you get a greeting from anybody
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2016, 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Think so Twink. I look at our towns and cities now in total horror. The prospect of living in one for me would be a good reason to top myself for I know I would detest it.

Then rather than born lucky I have made my own luck and got out, while I can.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2016, 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by dukeofearl ->
Think so Twink. I look at our towns and cities now in total horror. The prospect of living in one for me would be a good reason to top myself for I know I would detest it.

Then rather than born lucky I have made my own luck and got out, while I can.
My feelings too Duke!
dukeofearl
south coast uk

31-01-2016, 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by Aysa ->
My feelings too Duke!
Your next door county Aysa would do it for me, Boston . It was bad enough in the past, hidden in the mists of a never ending flat landscape with only the stump visible for miles around when the fogs lift, plus add on the North Sea winds.

Now worse is it not the most segregated town in the UK , with the Eastern European numbers being equal to the locals?
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2016, 08:47 PM

What a lovely thread .... about a simple hello between strangers ... or an unasked for life history.

I think there's a lot of people out there who crave a little human contact.

People say hello to me when I'm out. No idea who they are.
One elderly gentleman has even named me Tuesday (he first saw me on a Tuesday) and will now wave and shout over ...Hi Tuesday, I've got my winter fuel payment and I give him the thumbs up back ... though once, because the day was Wednesday, I shouted back, I'm Wednesday, I'm her twin. He laughed.

Or there is Icy Sue (I named her) .. who I met on a cold winters day when it was frozen snow underfoot and she was nervously tippy toeing along at snail speed so I commandeered her arm and we both tippy toed along together. I know her life history now but not her real name.

One day that might be me.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2016, 08:48 PM

I live a fair way away from Boston so im lucky..here in North Norfolk its lovely and peaceful with lots of countryside and the local towns are still nice
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2016, 08:54 PM

I think having dogs has averted me from feeling lonely. You meet lots of people on a dog walk. You can either just smile or smile and say Hello! Or just stand there chatting away, whilst the dogs get fed up as you try and sort the world!

Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top