Join for free
Page 5 of 15 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2016, 04:28 PM

Re: Trusting People On The Internet....

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Azure, I think the saying, Familiarity Breeds Contempt' is so true!
Quite right and straight to the point, Artangel

Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2016, 04:35 PM

I think that is dedicated to me Azure, but i dont mind i am what i am.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2016, 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
I think that is dedicated to me Azure, but i dont mind i am what i am.
Oh No! Nom, I wasn't referring to you! l have only now just seen your name included in Azure's post. I was referring to Azure saying, the ones you do the most for are the ones that turn on you for no apparent reason!
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2016, 04:50 PM

Oh No! Nom, I wasn't referring to you! l have only now just seen your name included in Azure's post. I was referring to Azure saying, the ones you do the most for are the ones that turn on you for no apparent reason!
Sall right Art, im going to go far far away and will slowly dissolve into a puddle of goo, which eventually will adhere to the legs of a dung beetle until one day i will encounter a volcanic puddle and will be reborn as a butterfly which will enjoy a life on the wing until some bloody entomologist with a net and i will be impaled by a pin and left to rot in a museum somewhere.

I know my place.
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2016, 04:50 PM

Well, I see nothing wrong with offering to "friend" a relative newbie here - after just a few posts to establish that the person is not a nut or a meanie.
Frankly I have rarely done it because I simply don't think about it.

After all, what does it really mean ?
To me, it is little different from just saying "Hello, you seem OK - welcome !".
It's hardly a legal or life-long commitment. I'm not offering matrimony - and it can be terminated at any time if either party decides the other is ..... whatever.
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2016, 05:00 PM

ALSO - it now seems fairly certain that wifey (much less demeaning than "OH") and I will be spending about a month in the UK very early in 2017.

I would like to hope that we will be able to meet a few of the folk from here on 'neutral ground' over a lunch or a few drinks.
Even - or perhaps especially - one or two of the Pummy-bashers

TRUST us, we will neither bring any snakes or spiders nor will we assassinate your cat.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2016, 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
What's not to trust? I have a friend who is a prince in Nigeria he is going to send me $2.4mil, the best sort of friend a bloke could want.
@ Bruce
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2016, 05:13 PM

There's some very odd folk on here, they seem normal, but, trust me they're not!
They're mostly weird and dress funny!

Myrtle's lovely but wears a beard when you meet her, very odd!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2016, 05:14 PM

Do you feel you could trust a 'friend', male or female you know on a social site/forum as much as those friends you know in real life? I don't mean Dating sites!
Do you trust them or are you always a little wary? What are your views and experiences?
I don't see any real need to 'trust' anyone I meet online, they are mainly just casual acquaintances that I am unlikely ever to meet. I make an exception for Azz and my fellow mods on this and our sister sites. We 5 have all been together for 12+ years and know each other pretty well.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2016, 05:33 PM

As a rule, I go for people who are open, who talk about their families and show photos. Much like I am myself really.
I can tell if they're genuine or not. I've met a few online who I've got on with and later met in real life. I've not been disappointed yet.

On the other hand, people who keep using different user names and never speak of family/friends/personal incidents - in fact anything personal at all and only post to pass opinions on what's in the news or to decry other members - well I wouldn't trust them at all!

Page 5 of 15 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top