Join for free
Page 5 of 12 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 10:18 AM

Re: Cochlear Implant

I got home from hospital about 19:30 after having what they've told me was the perfect outcome with my Implant yesterday!

I had had no pain, no dizziness, no side effects, no "collateral damage” - (and there was a risk) – NOTHING, except a dull ache behind my right ear.

The surgeon and his team were ecstatic, telling me that it was THE perfect Implant procedure as far as they were concerned.

It's weird, I am not religious at all but I feel someone or something's watching over me - daft isn't it?!

I want so much to get back in the world and find myself again and restart my life - I'll have to live a lot longer to achieve that so it's up to me to make the most of this amazing second chance!

I’ve had a lot of messages from my online friends; one really inspiring message regarding my implant from someone who had one nearly 5 years ago and now I've realised that I am not the only one to be so adversely affected by deafness I feel fantastically happy for the first time in too many years!!

This morning, the 24th of June 2016 I awoke to find it’s not a dream and all those worries regarding the risks have slipped away.

I’ve destroyed the hastily-written Will – don’t need it now!

Another message I received said “Welcome to the first day of the rest of your life!

Bring it on! Onwards! Martin xxx
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 10:24 AM

Congratulations Steve. It must feel wonderful now, I am so glad all went well, much better than you expected too I hope. Enjoy your wonderful new hearing life.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 12:53 PM

Well done, Stevmk2. Great news. Life begins again now!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 12:59 PM

Fantastic news Steve, I hope someone was looking over you said a prayer for you ourselves so he was warned !
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 01:10 PM

Excellent news steve.

Onwards and upwards from now on.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 01:28 PM

Great news Steve, please keep us up to date with how you progress. I suspect this operation wont just help your hearing, but clear a lot of your anxiety too.
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 01:53 PM

Great news 👍 😊
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Great news Steve, please keep us up to date with how you progress. I suspect this operation wont just help your hearing, but clear a lot of your anxiety too.
I already feel much better Twink - thank you for that.

The whole experience with theatre and then Recovery to me was seconds - I just suddenly found myself in a large room with a lot of people I'd not seen before.

It wasn't so much waking up or coming to - it was more suddenly finding myself there.

For a few moments I actually thought I'd died then a nurse came over and spoke to me but I had no hearing aids in so I read her lips, then I realised I was fine and it was like a huge weight lifted off my shoulders and I felt like laughing out loud!

I was smiling still when the nurses came to check me out, although I still didn't have my aids!

I'm still smiling! stevmk2
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by stevmk2 ->
I already feel much better Twink - thank you for that.

The whole experience with theatre and then Recovery to me was seconds - I just suddenly found myself in a large room with a lot of people I'd not seen before.

It wasn't so much waking up or coming to - it was more suddenly finding myself there.

For a few moments I actually thought I'd died then a nurse came over and spoke to me but I had no hearing aids in so I read her lips, then I realised I was fine and it was like a huge weight lifted off my shoulders and I felt like laughing out loud!

I was smiling still when the nurses came to check me out, although I still didn't have my aids!

I'm still smiling! stevmk2
Well you stay smiling because things can only get better now. Nobody ever wants an operation, but the rewards of having it often pay great dividends.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 02:33 PM

Well done Steve. Hope things progress well now.

Page 5 of 12 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top