Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
Ciderman
Masterton, New Zealand
Ciderman is male  Ciderman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2021, 03:54 AM

Re: Standing Up.

I can flat palm the ground without any trouble but then I'm not as old as some of you lot, I'm only 81. I can no longer keep up with my grand daughter!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2021, 04:15 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I used to have occasional bouts of achilles trouble Annie until I found the exercise you mentioned. I use a stepladder to perch on just balancing on my toes and hanging my foot into thin air. I do seventy lifts with straight legs, and ninety lifts with knees bent. It took a while to build up to that amount and now I do them almost every evening. Been doing them for years......And the only time my achilles started to ache was when I started to do toe touches to improve my flexibility.
I might try them again OGF - thanks for reminding me about them. What do you think about while you are doing the exercises? For some reason for me it's up there with watching paint dry or a kettle boil.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2021, 04:22 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
Yes I can do that Pauline but I can no longer touch my nose with my big toe...

Wonder if anybody on here can?
I can still do that Carol. Only one leg at a time though! Never could do the splits though.

I'm sure the cod liver oil must make a big difference because I could not do anything close to it last year. I wonder how many here take it as a supplement.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2021, 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I wonder how many here take it as a supplement.
I take a cod liver oil capsule daily - have done since childhood.

Was surprised to see this on the last lot I bought:-

High blood pressure: Cod liver oil can lower blood pressure and might cause blood pressure to go too low if used along with medications for high blood pressure. Be careful when using cod liver oil if you are taking high blood pressure drugs.
I had thought it quite innocuous!
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2021, 09:20 AM

Yes I can do that now but only because I've been doing yoga since last week. I was shocked though at how inflexible lockdown was making me in the last few months. There was a point when every move that I used to take for granted was a struggle. resuming Cod liver oil and vit D has helped I think. But it is unbelievable how quickly your body can change when you don't do as much. I suppose it's a bit like people in a coma who lie in bed all the time. The less you move the more it hurts to move. What's bizarre is that an old achilles tendon injury has flared up - maybe wearing slippers and flats caused that. Sometimes I think i've had a version of covid and these are the after effects....
Even gentle yoga can work wonders.
Is this a Youtube Yoga course? Can you recommend and post the link please?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

31-01-2021, 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by Lindyloo ->
Is this a Youtube Yoga course? Can you recommend and post the link please?
I mostly use Yoga with Adriene. She has a great variety of classes and has millions of subscribers. It can be quite demanding. When I had a (non yoga-related) frozen shoulder injury and had to stop yoga for about a year I used savannah on YOGATX as she was very gentle but effective. She doesn't seem to do so many videos though and doesn't have her own channel.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2021, 12:05 PM

I might try them again OGF - thanks for reminding me about them. What do you think about while you are doing the exercises? For some reason for me it's up there with watching paint dry or a kettle boil.
One of the reasons why I have never visited a gym or used a treadmill Annie, but I have managed to actually string a few thoughts together while counting out the reps. But for the short space of time it takes to do those exercises I mentioned, I have managed to cope, even with me having a very short attention span for boring things.......
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2021, 12:42 PM

I mostly use Yoga with Adriene. She has a great variety of classes and has millions of subscribers. It can be quite demanding. When I had a (non yoga-related) frozen shoulder injury and had to stop yoga for about a year I used savannah on YOGATX as she was very gentle but effective. She doesn't seem to do so many videos though and doesn't have her own channel.
Thanks very much AnnieS - I've found one of her classes which looks good and will try it soon.

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top