Join for free
Page 5 of 13 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2011, 10:36 PM

Re: Tea or Coffee???

Coffee in the morning, black. After noon I only drink tea - green, chai, peppermint, chamomile.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2011, 12:50 AM

Originally Posted by mrmojorisin ->
This forum is about as interesting as watching paint dry !
Then why bother to join, and why post? I'm new here and I had a toot round before deciding to join, and I am finding this forum extremely interested in the different sections.

Anyhooo! Tea for me every time. Very strong, little milk and three sugars! Yep three!

I have a cup of coffee on the odd occasion, but can't drink Nescafe as it gives me stomach ache, so it has to be Douwe Egbert's when I do have coffee.
Lynne55
Lancs.
Lynne55 is female  Lynne55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2011, 10:15 PM

I cant stand Tea. Never have liked it. I have to hold my nose if I have to make any visitors a cup I hate the smell that much. Love strong Black Coffee though
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2011, 07:00 AM

Originally Posted by Lynne55 ->
I cant stand Tea. Never have liked it. I have to hold my nose if I have to make any visitors a cup I hate the smell that much. Love strong Black Coffee though
Lynne darlin' - black coffee is even better with a tot of Brandy or Rum in it
Lynne55
Lancs.
Lynne55 is female  Lynne55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2011, 10:16 AM

Ughh No!! Dont like Brandy or Rum - or Whisky either. I'm a miserable git!! Or a cheap date whichever you prefer
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2011, 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by Lynne55 ->
Ughh No!! Dont like Brandy or Rum - or Whisky either. I'm a miserable git!! Or a cheap date whichever you prefer
Lynne darlin' my doctors are feeding me Warfarin, so officially I'm not allowed alcohol at all, but some mornings, particularly in the winter, a large mug of black coffee topped off with a tot of Brandy or Rum sets me up for the day.
Jenilou
South of England
Jenilou is female  Jenilou has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2011, 11:12 PM

I make a fresh pot of coffee first thing as soon as I get up., I can't take instant coffee for some reason - it gives me stomach ache so it has to be fresh. I noticed Mollie further up the thread said that Nescafe gave her stomach ache, and that is honestly the first person I have ever come across who has the same experience as me (although with me it's all instant coffee). People always look at me as if I'm nuts when I say that .. so I can now say 'well actually, on the forum I go on, someone else said the same thing!'

I drink water through the day but at bedtime I always like a cup of very weak black tea.
Berxer
Chatterbox
S.Wales, UK
Berxer is female  Berxer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2011, 11:48 PM

I used to drink tea regularly and coffee occasionally......nowadays, I prefer coffee and the occasional tea......funny how your taste changes

Oh, and I like to drink the fresh coffee too, when I can be bothered to make it, otherwise it has to be Carte Noir for me.
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2011, 08:01 AM

I'm a coffee person, with the odd cup of tea in the afternoon sometimes.

I've developed a taste for bush tea/ruusboos(?) lately. Must be reading too much No 1 Ladies Detective Agency!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2011, 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by dinahsmum ->
I'm a coffee person, with the odd cup of tea in the afternoon sometimes.

I've developed a taste for bush tea/ruusboos(?) lately. Must be reading too much No 1 Ladies Detective Agency!
I've just googled bush tea and think I'll give it a try, Hilary ......it says it's also good for insomnia. I suppose that like all herbal teas, it's an acquired taste.

Page 5 of 13 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top