Join for free
Page 5 of 63 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 > Last »
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2013, 03:57 PM

Re: Film - the most recent you have seen?

Watched a movie last night, hadn't seen for 40 years...
Roger Moore ' the man who haunted himself ' - It was intriguing as it was first time round - couldn't recall the ending - other than that ........
Amanda
Derby
Amanda is female 

02-06-2013, 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by Graham ->
I went to the pics yesterday and was bored rigid with Iron Man 3. That little adventure cost me £27 for two seats. I tend not to eat when I go to the pics, because if I did, I would have to remortgage my house. £5.75 for a hotdog, £7 for a bag of popcorn, £3.20 for a bag of pick-and-mix sweets and the wife paid £2.50 for a small Coke, which was both flat and warm. Not forgetting £2.50 for a small scoop of ice cream.

And then Cinema chains complain about people not going to the cinema anymore.
I had to reply to your post Graham, your so right about the ridiculous prices they charge for food and drink, we don't go very often, the last time was to see The Hobbit last December in 3D, I took a bag of snacks and drink in and know one bothered

I also purchased the film when it came out in 3D as we have a 3D TV and its one of those films you can watch over and over again, Might just wait until the other two are out on DVD as its such a long film to sit through at the Cinema.

Amanda x
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2013, 01:15 AM

I too have just watched Quartet (at home) which I enjoyed very much. Gentle, feel good, story about the inhabitants of a retired musicians home coping with old age and their past.

Starred Tom Courtney, Maggie Smith, Michael Gabbon, Billy Connolly
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2013, 09:10 AM

I have seen Quartet too. Enjoyable movie, though it doesn't leave you with any lasting impression or a desire to watch it again. Definitely a movie to watch though as it is as different to a 'Hollywood Blockbuster' as you are likely to find .
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2013, 10:30 PM

If you or any members of your family are into animation - which I am - then you won't go far wrong with 'Wreck it Ralph'.

Wreck-It Ralph (2012) - IMDb

Great film with fully fleshed out characters too. Grown ups should enjoy it - as I have done - as much as the kids. A real gem .
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2013, 10:40 PM

I don't tend to watch films these days but when babysitting at my sons house recently I watched 'The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel' which had a great cast including Judi Dench ,Tom Wilkinson, Bill Nighy, Penelope Wilton and Maggie Smith.

I missed bits but what I saw was quite enjoyable .
maggis
Adelaide South Australia
maggis is female  maggis has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2013, 10:47 AM

We watched Jack Reacher at the w/end, wasn't impressed at all especially as in the books Jack's a big blonde hunk and Tom Cruise is almost a dwarf and it wasn't just me,OH usually likes action movies but he didn't like it either, glad we have foxtel as I wouldn't pay to see it.
maggis
Adelaide South Australia
maggis is female  maggis has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2013, 02:13 PM

We watched Django Unchained at the w/end, OH loved it and I thought it was rather good too altho' a bit gory for me in parts but some great humour too, we hired it on pay tv and I'll watch it again when it's free
Glen1962
Canada
Glen1962 is male  Glen1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2013, 10:40 AM

The other night I watched Giant, starring James Dean, Rock Hudson and Elizabeth Taylor. That's one of many of my favorite movies.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK

19-07-2013, 02:08 PM

'The Sapphires' is one film I have watched recently that I can recommend wholeheartedly. Great story, excellent acting and superb singing. Based on a true story of Aboriginal sisters going to sing in Vietnam for the troops. A real feel good movie and one I have watched a few times now.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1673697/

Page 5 of 63 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top