Join for free
Page 5 of 13 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2020, 09:53 PM

Re: New infection statistics!

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
I noticed how much the format of figures changed recently on the BBC coronavirus daily update. One day there would be the number of fatalities in the last 24 hours followed by the UK total, the next day there was no UK total. Then I found the link below from somewhere or other, probably on Over50sForum. This gives the totals plus a lot of other information and also a way of comparing our progress to that of other countries:

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/
Yes that's the one I've been using Baz, but last week they started including all the care home stats and it was no use trying to use it as a comparator anymore....
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2020, 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Yes that's the one I've been using Baz, but last week they started including all the care home stats and it was no use trying to use it as a comparator anymore....
I'm with you now, not comparing like with like. Apparently there are a lot of variations in how different countries compile their figures, I guess that makes a vast difference when making comparisons.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2020, 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
I noticed how much the format of figures changed recently on the BBC coronavirus daily update. One day there would be the number of fatalities in the last 24 hours followed by the UK total, the next day there was no UK total. Then I found the link below from somewhere or other, probably on Over50sForum. This gives the totals plus a lot of other information and also a way of comparing our progress to that of other countries:

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/
Thats the link lm using now as well Baz! Looks like we had a
setback today?
Abouttime they closed ALL the airports?

Donkeyman! 👎👎
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2020, 04:34 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I think you still can.

Think some countries are telling fibs.

Two statistic's I find of interest on the link

Deaths per Million we are about 6th

The % of deaths per Country.

UK has a 15% death rate.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2020, 05:50 AM

I have put this up before but...

If you want another statistical site to compare figure here are the figures from the Centre for Systems Science and Engineering at John Hopkins University in the USA:

https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/a...23467b48e9ecf6

They are similar but not the same as the other site
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2020, 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by galty ->
I think you still can.

Think some countries are telling fibs.

Two statistic's I find of interest on the link

Deaths per Million we are about 6th

The % of deaths per Country.

UK has a 15% death rate.
Bloody hell galty!
WTF is happening?
Think your right about the fibs!!

Donkeyman! 👎👎
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2020, 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Bloody hell galty!
WTF is happening?
Think your right about the fibs!!

Donkeyman! 👎👎
Donkeyman

Have no Idea

scroll down to the bottom of below link.

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavir...ority-11953077
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom

06-05-2020, 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by galty ->
Donkeyman

Have no Idea

scroll down to the bottom of below link.

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavir...ority-11953077
I think l must be developing dementia galty!
I'm more confused than ever!!

Donkeyman! 😟😟
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2020, 11:06 AM

Thanks for the link Galty....
According to those figures for the UK The most infections were registered in:-

(1) Kent - 3544

(2) Lancashire - 2962

(3) Birmingham - 2954

(4) Hampshire - 2915

(5) Essex - 2699

(6) Surrey - 2647

(7) Hertfordshire - 2411

(8) Sheffield - 2248

(9) Cumbria - 2007

(10) Staffordshire - 1843

Interesting to note that Kent was the highest after watching the youtube clip with Nigel Farage. Also Essex was among one of the highest, could immigrants be either landing there or dispersing there too.

Sheffield was recorded as having 2248 cases, whereas Rotherham [Which is virtually the same city and closely joined] was only recorded as having 761 cases....

Lancashire is number two on the list, however, with several cities and large towns within its bounds the population is high.
marciniak
wales uk
marciniak is male  marciniak has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2020, 11:42 AM

Have to agree the information seems hidden, deliberately too I believe.

Hopefully to guise a falling rate, with scaremongering to prevent the public ignoring lockdown rules, and prevent a sudden rise of infections again.

I read results of research carried in Germany, has proven what many are/have been saying. That there are many more infections than the calculated numbers given by WHO, and governments.

Their calculations show There are/were 10 times more infections in Germany than what has been recorded.

They also calculated the number of UK infections is closer to 8,000,000

Could they be right, well they did/are carry out extensive testing, which could mean why they have such a low death rate compared to a high infection number.

Page 5 of 13 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top