Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2017, 12:08 PM

Re: Do you gesticulate?

Originally Posted by May ->
I too have a nice line in gesticulating with the middle finger of My right hand, and I'm becoming a dab-hand at raspberry blowing ...aimed at the WUMs on 'ere...it's especially good for exercising the facial muscles
That prompted me to point out that the 'single finger' gesticulation is a modern Americanism which, for some reason, seems to be growing in popularity in Britain.

The historical, and more truly British, gesticulation is with two fingers held in the reverse orientation to that of Churchill's V-sign.

I'm sure we all know its true meaning and origins, which go back as far as the Hundred Years War.

I refuse to use the inferior American version.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2017, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
I'm sure a marmoset flicked the Vs at me once...
That reminds me of the day we were at a zoo (I can't even remember where it was) a long time ago.

A few of the visitors had thrown various foodstuffs (yes, I know they shouldn't) into the chimpanzee enclosure, which the chimps had enthusiastically eaten.

Then a yob threw in an empty plastic bottle, or it might have been a beer can, which a chimp immediately grabbed and, with an accompanying 'raspberry', threw straight back.

Good for him/her (I never could tell the difference)! A shame it didn't hit the yob in the face.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2017, 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Apricot, Is she a Donald Trump in drag?!! He really purses his lips! As for his hand movements, say no more!

Mind you can"t let that remark about the Donald go, I like him.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

10-04-2017, 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by APRICOT ->

Mind you can"t let that remark about the Donald go, I like him.
So do I.

We have long been needing someone who will do what he says.

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top