Join for free
Page 5 of 9 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2021, 10:32 PM

Re: Your conscience

Time is short, just adjust to the mean.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2021, 10:35 PM

I have to say that I will always be grateful to the person who handed in my £50 cash and driving school lesson booking card and most importantly my body shop kiwi lip gloss which was in a little bag I took with me to my driving lesson. It must have fallen on the kerb as I got into the car and the kind person handed it into the police station. It was a lot of money to me at the time. It was just before Christmas too.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2021, 07:30 AM

Actually I once found a wallet stuffed with money. It was a few years ago I had taken Danny my grandson on a little boat ride on the canal at Skipton when we were getting off I noticed a wallet under one of the seats you could see it had lots of money in it probably holiday money. I handed it in to the boat owner....I often wonder if I did the right thing I hope he was honest too if the person who lost it came back.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2021, 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
Actually I once found a wallet stuffed with money. It was a few years ago I had taken Danny my grandson on a little boat ride on the canal at Skipton when we were getting off I noticed a wallet under one of the seats you could see it had lots of money in it probably holiday money. I handed it in to the boat owner....I often wonder if I did the right thing I hope he was honest too if the person who lost it came back.
You're having a laugh!
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2021, 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
You're having a laugh!
Yes I know what you mean Todger but there are little shops and a restaurant in the same place as the boat and I told the owners there I had found a wallet and handed it to the boatman so hopefully he will have handed it over. I hope so anyway...dont make me feel guilty not going out of my way to the police station....no idea if Skipton actually has one
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2021, 10:21 AM

Actually for something around 30k one probably could. It's not as if it's a lot of money after all.
Not in Scotland...walk in with a bag containing 30k, and no paper trail to back it up, and they would be phoning the police.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2021, 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Not in Scotland...walk in with a bag containing 30k, and no paper trail to back it up, and they would be phoning the police.
So "clean" it by buying and selling a few high value items using part cash and part credit then sell it on paying off the credit. Expensive cars for example. Easy to shift a couple a month and by being a bit shrewed even make a few quid on some deals. To "clean" the cash deposit no problem. Cash under the mattress explanation. After all most folk have a few thou in cash kicking around. Take a few weeks admittedly but that's no problem. Could see it as a hobby! Then there's cyber-money, Bitcoin the best known and easiest traded.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2021, 10:50 AM

I found a wallet while out running one morning, it contained plenty of cash, a driving licence, and some other cards and personal items. I would never rely on anyone else to return it to the owner, so I took it back myself. The blokes daughter was chuffed that I had returned the wallet, he was at work...

Several days later I was running the same route and a big mercedes stopped in front of me and a bloke got out shook my hand and thanked me for my honesty. To me that was better than any reward....

Also, while queuing at the checkout in Tesco, a young woman was embarrassed to find that she had more items than the money to pay for them. With a small frightened child clung to her arm I could see she was so stressed and started removing items from her trolley, it was breaking my heart, so I stepped in and settled her bill...

Anything I find with ID on it, I will personally return it to the person on the ID, cash I would probably keep depending on the amount and depending where I found it. I have actually ignored pound coins on the ground while out running if I'm on for a good time... The fiver I found once was a bit too much to ignore though...

Like Vlad says though, if you were down on your uppers, would you be so quick to return any cash.....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2021, 10:54 AM

So "clean" it by buying and selling a few high value items using part cash and part credit then sell it on paying off the credit. Expensive cars for example. Easy to shift a couple a month and by being a bit shrewed even make a few quid on some deals. To "clean" the cash deposit no problem. Cash under the mattress explanation. After all most folk have a few thou in cash kicking around. Take a few weeks admittedly but that's no problem. Could see it as a hobby! Then there's cyber-money, Bitcoin the best known and easiest traded.
Yep, I agree, no problem at all to filter in a few grand of folding stuff....
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2021, 12:47 PM

I found a purse in our cul de sac in the snow I took it indoors to try to find info and owner. Found a bank card and realised It was the purse of a lady who lived up the road. I returned to her apologising if everything was in the wrong places cards etc . She was naturally pleased . I have no need of someone else's money or cards .

Page 5 of 9 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top