Join for free
Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2016, 04:22 PM

Re: Painkillers

Hello all. I have only briefly read through. I am against painkillers for myself, however there have been times, when I have had no choice. Most especially when I had sciatica. I was watching a program on TV, it said a cold swim can help with pain. Not sure I would want a dip in the sea today.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2016, 02:55 AM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Cheers Bruce did a Google for those, oxycodone hydrochloride has the nickname of Hillbilly heroin, i think its available over here, probably hard to get as our GP`s seem reluctant to prescribe Codeine claiming its addictive.
You need to insist because what they are giving you isn't working. They are a controlled drug hence the restrictions on repeats for example but they work and are probably what you need. as for being addictive I don't think so - I tend to take them for days at a time then stop. - no problem.

You can also get a slow release version which lasts for about 12 hours these only last for about 4 hours.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	OxyNorm Capsules.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	30.9 KB
ID:	2122  
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2016, 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
They are a controlled drug hence the restrictions on repeats for example but they work and are probably what you need. as for being addictive I don't think so - I tend to take them for days at a time then stop. - no problem.
They are addictive....and controlled drugs are controlled for a reason.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2016, 09:13 PM

I brought home oxycodone from the hospital following my surgery in January 2014. I actually fought the Pain Team to be given the right to take it home.

Though the severe pain persisted for many many months afterwards I resisted taking the drug on a long term basis, because I knew they could be addictive.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2016, 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
I brought home oxycodone from the hospital following my surgery in January 2014. I actually fought the Pain Team to be given the right to take it home.

Though the severe pain persisted for many many months afterwards I resisted taking the drug on a long term basis, because I knew they could be addictive.
Yes im careful with the pain meds so likewise resist until ive got to take them, dont want to overdo it as they will cease to be effective and i would require stronger doses.
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2016, 05:00 AM

I gobble codeine, paracetamol, ibuprofen, diazepam, targin and a few other odds and sods by the bucketful.
Often with the demon drink.

Guess my liver or gut will protest eventually.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2016, 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by Pumicestone ->
I gobble codeine, paracetamol, ibuprofen, diazepam, targin and a few other odds and sods by the bucketful.
Often with the demon drink.

Guess my liver or gut will protest eventually.
Must be different over in Australia Pummy, yo are lcky to get 2 weeks supply of pain killers at a time over here, even the over the counter Co-codomol you are given a lecture about possible addiction.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2016, 08:12 AM

Nom I really hope you are feeling a bit better now.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland

21-10-2016, 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Nom I really hope you are feeling a bit better now.
Thanks Twink, the severe pain from the last couple of weeks has subsided, im being extra careful not to allow the back problem to go into spasm, which means i have to stop often in strange places and sit down, even during my shopping in the supermarket,its a good job that i never have to be anywhere quickly.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2016, 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Thanks Twink, the severe pain from the last couple of weeks has subsided, im being extra careful not to allow the back problem to go into spasm, which means i have to stop often in strange places and sit down, even during my shopping in the supermarket,its a good job that i never have to be anywhere quickly.
Nom I am sure that we are all slower than we used to be and we all have to adjust to getting older, but I am pleased that you are learning to slow down a bit.
We may not be able to see as many photos as you used to post, but always remember that it isn't the quantity that counts, is is the quality......... and everybody knows that yours are always really good quality.

Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top