Join for free
Page 5 of 8 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2013, 08:21 AM

Re: More of my uncle Vivian's adventures.

Good Morning JEM,

I dont know how you managed to find a photo of uncle Vivian, but I am delighted that you have done so. All his photo's were destroyed in a Tsunami when he was pearl fishing in the Indian Ocean, with Jay Silverheels (before he was famously Tonto). He was never credited with inventing the well known expletive
"Kimo Sabi" which originates in the Iroquois dialect for "Up yours"
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2013, 09:45 AM

You're both, my kinda people and of course 'Uncle Vivian '
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2013, 12:26 PM

That photo has good historical value, it was taken outside the residence of Count John McCormack the famous Irish tenor, Vivian was a personal friend of his and they would often go on long drinking binges together all over Ireland, all in the interest of promoting Anglo/Irish relations of course, with all expenses paid naturally, that car was no stranger to trips across the Irish sea on the mailboat, when close relatives would ring the residence from the UK inquiring after Vivian's whereabouts, lady McCormack, who was always a lady and never used bad language would simply reply, they have decided to go "on the urine" again, shalt be back for several days.
Glad I found it Robert, hope it's of use to the Family.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2013, 08:55 AM

Thankyou JEM for the pic, we will treasure it. A pile of his photos, saved from the tsunami debacle in the INdian Ocean from way back when ,turned up, only to be lost again in the post, possibly for ever this time.
Did I mention his triplet daughters FAith , HOpe & CHarity, what beauties they were. They broke men's hearts one after another, like Miss Faversham in DAVID COPPERFIELD, toyed with their resolve, like LOLA in COPACOBANA & dumped then with derision, worthy of LAdy BRacknell**(The importance of being EArnest) played faultlessly by DAme Edith Sitwell,

"A HANDBAG?"

** Also played by Hermionne BAddely, or was it HErmionne GIngold. It definitely wasnt AThene Syler or Lillian Gish?
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2013, 10:23 AM

You two could bring out a book about all this
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK

31-07-2013, 02:06 PM

I am giving Uncle Vivian & Aunt Phythian a break from these columns. I fear I have revealed too much about my much loved forebears and I have been cut to the quick to discover rumours that my dear relatives as described on these pages are just figments of my imagination, in other words, completely fictional.

Of course they are……more or less. IN truth, they are compilations of random events & people who have left an impression on me in the years 1948-2013. Some life events, well they couldn’t be more improbable if you had made them up.

I have enjoyed writing my yarns & hope my ramblings have given some pleasure to the folks in here.

I have also retired ARCHIE & his DIARY . He is asleep most of the time in his old age.

ONWARDS & UPWARDS to my next PROJECT.

What shall I come up with?
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2013, 03:58 PM

John Sullivan did the same Robert, he wrote 'Fools and Horses' inspired by the various characters he had known throughout his life.... best way to write ......
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK

31-07-2013, 04:23 PM

Thanks for that response Pats. CG.

You are absolutely right and I will stick to a style of writing that I feel most comfortable with.

I’ve lots of people ,present & past who I can draw from.

Bargate Lil, a retired Coxswain who went to the Amazon with a team of ex Tiller Girls with the intention of finding the lost gold mines of Atahualpa, ex King of the Aztecs & so cruelly garrotted by the Spanish conquistadors.

Or the Miss’s Leadbetter, Weightman & Golightly who gave up lucrative careers in Contracts & Torts just when their classic legal triumph viz Carlyle v The Carbolic Ball Company was publicised, to found a rescue centre for mistreated battery hens in Ipanema.

There I go again, I must have a weird mind.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

31-07-2013, 04:33 PM

The thing is Robert - we 'like' yer characters and yer weird mind ....
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK

31-07-2013, 04:39 PM

Thats so reassuring Pats CG .

Page 5 of 8 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top