Join for free
Page 5 of 8 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2016, 10:52 PM

Re: Ornamental Clutter In Cars! What's In Yours?

A cushion in the middle of the back seat so that the dog can see between the front seats when she is harnessed in. fluorescent jackets, one for each passenger, first aid kit, warning triangles (all obligatory), tools, torch, spare dog harness for when we have my friend and her little dog with us. Dogs are not allowed to be loose in cars here. The usual shopping bags, which get more and more each week, but nothing hanging, dangling or nodding. Itīs even quite a clean car these days, ever since I discovered a couple of young Bulgarians who set up a car cleaning business on Mercadona carpark, they do a fantastic job inside and out, showroom clean for 24 euros.
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2016, 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
You obviously didn't read the leaflet when you first got her, so I have looked it up for you.

It says, "The Lovely Joan" once you have turned her on, it is impossible to turn her off again.........so you obviously have nobody to blame but yourself.
Those were the days Twink!
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2016, 11:30 PM

My car is full of dust basically.

Oh, and the odd cobweb, a box of tissues and the Ģ1 token for Sainsburys trolley.
Oops, nearly forgot 2 old A-Zs going back to the 1970s when I was looking at houses that cost Ģ10,000.

There was also a pencil until this morning. The garage pinched that when it went for it's service
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2016, 03:48 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Tipin, What's wrong with Preston? I have been there twice, once to the theatre and to the DVLA to transfer a personalised number plate! Both, good experiences!!
It'd take a lot more than that for me to form an opinion, good or bad.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2016, 06:47 AM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
*puts on Teacher's hat*

Double negative alert! that means you DO have something in the car.
No Jazzi, I don't have a Car now, that was 4 years ago, my Husband has a Nissan and nothing in that.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2016, 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
There was also a pencil until this morning. The garage pinched that when it went for it's service
I feel guilty now....the pencil rolled out from under the seat today....
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2016, 02:24 AM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
It's the first time I've ever heard Preston and civilised in the same sentence
I worked there for 6 weeks, it was the longest year of my life.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2016, 06:38 AM

I have a small sunflower nestling between the dashboard and the corner of the window on the driver's side, a "tax disc" with cogs and "Steam powered" on it on the other side (I didn't want to be bothered removing the holder so I made it) and a faded daisy on the aerial so I can see it in the car park.
I must repaint it with fluorescent yellow paint soo, the daisy not the car....although...

Love your humour Nom!
rcs60h
Bedfordshire, UK
rcs60h is male  rcs60h has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2016, 07:19 PM

If any of you have to take your car for an MOT then you had best remember to remove anything hanging from the rear view mirror, because you can actually fail the MOT because it is counted as a restricted view forward.
If you are lucky you may have a mechanic who will remove the item, but not all of them will.
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2016, 07:29 PM

By far, the worst "ornamental clutter" in cars would be pets !

I don't care if they are restrained or not - they are a distraction - and as such, they cause accidents.
They move around, they wee, they scratch, they slobber, they bark, they whine, whatever .... and the driver looks around to see what's wrong - CRASH !
And a person (perhaps a child) dies.

Even other innocent drivers may be distracted if the stupid dog has its head out the window (illegal for humans).

Drivers should have to get a permit to have a dog in a vehicle - per trip.
Going to the vet, moving house etc, OK.
Other than that, a big fine.

Page 5 of 8 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top