Join for free
Page 5 of 8 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2018, 05:28 PM

Re: What would happen?

Beetles would be the dominant [read 'most hardy'] species of life to survive 'post human',in much the same way hominoids survived 'post Miocene'...this being mainly due to hominoid females being fertile all year round,so although there were tragic events,there were no lapses prior to the next pregnancy. Now,exluding Tardigrades,which are obviously the 'hardiest' life-form known to man, it will most likely be creatures such as scorpions and their like,which will FAR out-survive the human species. [er-sorry. I'll quickly sidle away...]
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2018, 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
I think you are right I skipped school when they were doing Planetary Economics.
Me too Rehab. I went to a Catholic Convent School. Anytime an enquiring mind asked questions regarding the Universe and Human Life, the stock answer was always...
God made everything and everyone!!
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2018, 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by Pug ->
Beetles would be the dominant [read 'most hardy'] species of life to survive 'post human',in much the same way hominoids survived 'post Miocene'...this being mainly due to hominoid females being fertile all year round,so although there were tragic events,there were no lapses prior to the next pregnancy. Now,exluding Tardigrades,which are obviously the 'hardiest' life-form known to man, it will most likely be creatures such as scorpions and their like,which will FAR out-survive the human species. [er-sorry. I'll quickly sidle away...]
Interesting Pugsy, I was thinking of those Scarab beetles, worships by the Egyptians, they still exist today, more commonly known as dung beetles.
Thank you for your views.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2018, 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Me too Rehab. I went to a Catholic Convent School. Anytime an enquiring mind asked questions regarding the Universe and Human Life, the stock answer was always...
God made everything and everyone!!
Surely you have some kind of view SG?
You could just make one up, as tbh none of us really know.
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2018, 02:33 AM

Well [a purely personal opinion,so don't hate,please] the problem with religion as practised today is that it started 2,000 years ago with a chap who was unheard-of just one country over....and didn't take into context all the humans that had gone before,in every form,from Ardipithecus and Sahelanthropus,to Orrorin-all of which had ability to control/use fire plus were bipedal AND lived in communes. So...why didn't the 'benevolent god' of whom we are supposed to live in awe and fear of annoying,deal them a better hand? After all,they didn't kill the planet with plastic,rip bloody great holes in it for oil/gas/shale,so forth,then pollute the atmosphere to the point of it becoming flammable-and if this god person is so merciful,WHY do church spires need lightning conductors? Ohhh,so many questions,so few answers-but religion is both divisive and destructive. Meh. I'm now JOLLY unpopular,so I'll slink off.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2018, 02:37 AM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
Rumpy Pumpy night..the earth still moves
Especially when you're by yourself
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2018, 02:39 AM

Well [a purely personal opinion,so don't hate,please] the problem with religion as practised today is that it started 2,000 years ago with a chap who was unheard-of just one country over....and didn't take into context all the humans that had gone before,in every form,from Ardipithecus and Sahelanthropus,to Orrorin-all of which had ability to control/use fire plus were bipedal AND lived in communes. So...why didn't the 'benevolent god' of whom we are supposed to live in awe and fear of annoying,deal them a better hand? After all,they didn't kill the planet with plastic,rip bloody great holes in it for oil/gas/shale,so forth,then pollute the atmosphere to the point of it becoming flammable-and if this god person is so merciful,WHY do church spires need lightning conductors? Ohhh,so many questions,so few answers-but religion is both divisive and destructive. Meh. I'm now JOLLY unpopular,so I'll slink off.
The question of the existence of a higher being has been around a lot longer. Organised religions come and go, with a curiously limited "life expectancy" in the grand plan of things.
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK

02-10-2018, 02:50 AM

Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

02-10-2018, 09:33 AM

Well Pugsy thanks for your input. Stop apologizing, we all have theories.
Tezza
Kent
Tezza is male  Tezza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2018, 09:51 AM

Succinctly put pugs. 👍

Page 5 of 8 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top