Join for free
Page 5 of 8 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2014, 10:11 AM

Re: Would you like a new homepage and 'News' section?

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
sometimes you just have to make an 'executive' decision - as my old boss used to say - thank you for all your contributions but you don't get the final say I do!

over to you Azz!
So why pretend to ask us then ? Just do it if that's what Azz wants and don't pretend to want us to make the decision. Waste of everyone's time IMO
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2014, 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Whats the point of asking then ....?
this is a modern style of management that obviously Azz has experienced. Now sit back and listen carefully. the old style of management was the 'aautocractic' one [I learned all this at uni!] - then the new style evolved - you get more cooperation out of your workers by involving them in 'decision making' - everyone sits around and discusses the way to go!

the BOSS listens carefully to all the input and by doing so weighs up all opinion and at the same time can also detect those staff who are set in their old ways and not interested in new ways and modern styles [notes are made at this point!]

then having had a full discussion he/she ends the discussion and says 'well I'll go off and sleep on it and then make an 'executive decision' based on listening to all your views - thank you!!' He/she then makes the decision that he/she thinks will be best for the organisation despite possible opposition!

Go for it Azz!!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2014, 10:26 AM

So a complete waste of time really.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2014, 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
So a complete waste of time really.
Absolutely !
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2014, 11:03 AM

well we've got you classified anyway! ostriches move over more coming in
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

16-04-2014, 11:06 AM

Or people more interested in content than latest gadgetry !
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2014, 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Or people more interested in content than latest gadgetry !
Well said!
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2014, 03:03 PM

You guys make me chuckle

Julie, you may recall the last time I asked for feedback about something I went with what the members thought, over my own personal opinion - so these feedback threads are never just lip service. If I ask for members opinions on something it is because I am genuinely interested.

Of course there are many occasions where I don't ask, such as things to do with the server, or other technological aspects of the site, or little changes here and there where there would be little point in asking for input - but when it matters, I generally do, especially if it's a feature for you.

At the same time, of course I reserve the right to go with my instinct if I feel it is in the best interest of the site, but that is rare, and usually if I feel that strongly about something i do my best to win you guys around.

With regards to this feature, I am not fussed either way to be honest (and if anything I could do with not having more work to do lol). Plus there would be no point doing it if a large enough percentage of you weren't behind it. I just thought that as it had gone down well over at Dogsey you guys might like to see over50sforum expand into something more, something different, too.

I am now thinking that perhaps it would actually be better off at over50schat.com - a site dedicated to chat about anything and everything, so rather than just have people discuss what's in the news, but discuss other things like articles, videos, or other stuff found around the web (so like a forum, but in a different, more editorial style format). That could be quite interesting (Though don't hold your breath! I doubt I would get the time to do something like this for quite sometime - I have squilllions of projects in the pipeline as many of you probably know )
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

16-04-2014, 03:06 PM

Sorry Azz I wrote that all wrong I wasn't meaning you personally at all it had got a bit OT about asking for opinions against telling people what to do, didn't mean that was what you would do.
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2014, 03:18 PM

Well......me being a relatively newcomer here and not a member of Dogsey I can't really comment.

And as a general rule I don't comment on anything that I don't have at least some knowledge about...so I will keep quiet.

But then again...maybe a neutral but objective view may be worth having?

Page 5 of 8 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top