Join for free
Page 5 of 10 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2017, 04:13 PM

Re: 1957

Originally Posted by mesco m ->
I never said you were, just pointing out that most of us on here were born on an island home and very proud I am to have been.
Why ? What did you do to make this happen?

"Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all others because you were born in it."
George Bernard Shaw
Lochsong
The Scrubs !!!
Lochsong is female  Lochsong has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2017, 04:23 PM

It was the year Arkle foaled - so yes, a very good year, 'the best'
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2017, 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by Pumicestone ->
Why ? What did you do to make this happen?

"Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all others because you were born in it."
George Bernard Shaw
I've got to hand it to you Pummy you do have a knack of popping up like judge, jury and executioner over the unlikeliest of topics.
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2017, 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I suspect you can whistle for that Pummy.
Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I think I know Pummy, but you would have to be nice to me, if you want me to tell.
Well, it's the Channel Islands of course.
But I meant 'specifically'.

No biggie - passing curiosity -
clearly smarter than many Brits.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2017, 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
I've got to hand it to you Pummy you do have a knack of popping up like judge, jury and executioner over the unlikeliest of topics.

We've got to try and be more understand Mort.
I now know he's worse with lack of sleep, often only having a couple of hours at night.
Pumicestone
Australia

29-01-2017, 04:34 PM

Funny, Morty. I thought that was the point of a discussion forum - ummmm, to discuss ?
Nothing judgemental in my post - just a point of view.
Terribly sorry.
Of course you can always be relied upon to make it personal.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2017, 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
We've got to try and be more understand Mort.
I now know he's worse with lack of sleep, often only having a couple of hours at night.
Yes but he has a separate room from the Mrs, so he hasn't got her to argue with him all night.... it is no wonder he dozes off for 2 hours when he has nobody to argue with.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2017, 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by Pumicestone ->
Funny, Morty. I thought that was the point of a discussion forum - ummmm, to discuss ?
Nothing judgemental in my post - just a point of view.
Terribly sorry.
Of course you can always be relied upon to make it personal.
Oh get over yourself ..
It was you said to another poster ..
George Bernard Shaw

..and all because she said she was proud of her country.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2017, 04:47 PM

I am trying to remember what I was doing in 1957, but it's all very hazy & dispersed into the mists of time.
I know how old I was & that I was still in school, last year there, my Father said stay on even though it was a waste of time, because on thinking about it, I actually spent the whole year in the English cupboard giving out books to students & chatting up the boys through the window into the school corridor next door.
Pumicestone
Australia

29-01-2017, 05:08 PM

... you said to another poster ..

George Bernard Shaw ....
It is a QUOTE for godsake !
The "your conviction" is very obviously a general "your".
I doubt greatly that Shaw had Mesco specifically in mind at the time.
Nor did I.

Page 5 of 10 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top