Join for free
Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2013, 08:41 AM

Re: Update on Alicat

Originally Posted by Alicat ->
Oh God, you are all going to be sick to death of me and my health Sorry, I hope I'm not going on about myself too much, I know I do go on too much ......... Anyway

I went for my cancer follow-up appointment at the hospital yesterday, I saw a registrar, she checked me over (as I had a hysterectomy) and she said "Your bottom part has come away from the top half", I should have asked what she meant shouldn't I of but I didn't, so I don't know what she means . She's put me in for a CT scan and I've got to have it within a week and I've had to book an appointment to go back to see her in three weeks time.

I shall phone up my consultant's secretary and ask if she would explain what the problem is.

I've got a ultrasound on Thursday to detect gallstones so I hope it doesn't snow.

I've got a cardiology appointment in two weeks time.

It's all happening I suppose it keeps me out of trouble
Alison darlin' - you're being given a full MOT test and where problems are identified sorted out there and then. Oil changed, Radiator sealed and topped up with anti-freeze, Battery topped up with distilled water, brake and clutch fluid checked and topped up, windscreen washer checked and topped up, Bodywork checked over and rust spots removed and resprayed, lights and hooter checked and bulbs replaced. By the time the Doctors have finished with you you'll be a new person.
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2013, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by hazel ->
Alicat look it up on Google, just put in what you were told ,it will give you an explanation there that may help till you speak to someone about it.
Thanks Hazel, that's a good idea but I don't know what part she was referring to. Still, time will tell.
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2013, 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Alison you must be fed up with seeing Doctors I hope the pain is a bit better in your tummy.

Try not to worry about what the doctor said, you will be seeing her in three weeks won't you and she can explain things then .
Hello Meg, I'm fed up with keep going up that bloomin' hospital, I always go in peak time with the traffic and it takes me over an hour as the traffic is so bad.

I'm not too worried about it really, I just hope whatever it is I don't come apart . Thanks.
Alicat
West Berkshire

06-02-2013, 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Alison darlin' - you're being given a full MOT test and where problems are identified sorted out there and then. Oil changed, Radiator sealed and topped up with anti-freeze, Battery topped up with distilled water, brake and clutch fluid checked and topped up, windscreen washer checked and topped up, Bodywork checked over and rust spots removed and resprayed, lights and hooter checked and bulbs replaced. By the time the Doctors have finished with you you'll be a new person.
That's a marvellous way of thinking of it Uncle Joe You have a very witty clever way with words, you should be a poet

I shall enjoy being a new woman again Thanks for cheering me up
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2013, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by Alicat ->
That's a marvellous way of thinking of it Uncle Joe You have a very witty clever way with words, you should be a poet

I shall enjoy being a new woman again Thanks for cheering me up
You're very welcome Alison darlin' - anything to lighten your thoughts and burden.
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2013, 03:15 PM

Good luck with all the appointments Alison. I hope you will soon be on the mend.
Alicat
West Berkshire

08-02-2013, 11:40 AM

Thanks Dog Lover.

Well yesterday I had the ultrasound and "yes" I have a gallstone, just the one, so I'm waiting to hear from the consultant to see what the next step is. Probably have my gallbladder out with keyhole surgery

I got home from that and the same hospital called me up to say they had a cancellation in the CT scan could I come in later that afternoon, so I did, so I've had that done as well.

Why I had the CT scan is because the registrar found lumps in my groin, nodularity something or another, nothing to do with me coming apart.

So I'm just waiting on things now. I have an appointment with the gyne consultant in two weeks time to tell me the results of the CT scan.

I'm glad I've had both scans done
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2013, 12:36 PM

Well done Alison
Nothing worse than waiting for these procedures. Now you can get on without the worry.
Hopefully the gallbladder will be done soon and by the end of spring, you'll have a 'spring' in your step again.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2013, 01:37 PM

I'm delighted to hear that those procedures are out of the way for you, Alison. That's two more steps nearer to getting you fit and well again...
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

08-02-2013, 01:43 PM

Alison darlin' - as its only one stone, they might treat it with ultrasound - bombard it with high energy sound waves to break it into smaller pieces to allow the body to get rid of the 'grit' in the normal way.

Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top