Join for free
Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2021, 01:37 PM

Re: Ben Habib & June Mummery on the Crap Fishing Deal

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
I just read your very interesting link Zaphod, and although it indicates
that talks about fishing are ongoing and continuous it also
confirms all that l and others on this forum have been saying for at
least 4yrs now, as opposed to your view that fishing is not worth
arguing about ??
It also states that any delays in confirming our sovereignty over
our territory will be to EU's advantage so the need for us to make
haste in tying all this up is imperative? This explains why EU is dragging it's heels, but does not explain why Boris agreed a 5•5 yr
extension to the existing quota's ??

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔🤔
PS. did you get your links mixd up ???

Spot on DM !

Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2021, 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Your not posting facts, your posting other peoples work and other peoples opinions.

You might want to do your own research and come to your own conclusions instead of using wikipedia and the internet.
I post my opinions and then follow them with supporting evidence and that is how it should be done.
Certainly it is in higher education; legal argument; etc. etc.
Supporting evidence = fact - you know, that stuff you don't seem to like since you keep objecting to it..
Well tough; funnily enough you even posted and highlighted that what you keep disagreeing with:
"The UK, however, retains regulatory autonomy over the rules which apply to all vessels fishing within the UK exclusive economic zone."

I don't need to see any more and neither should anybody else, because the above makes very clear exactly what I have been saying all along:

The UK has full control over our sovereign waters together with the ability to independently regulate fishing.
You and others do not like how the UK has handled access to our waters and our fish but that is nothing to do with our seas being our own.
There is a huge difference.

The UK's land is also sovereign, yet much of our infrastructure is also owned by foreign companies who also profit from their using our country.
A huge volume of the UK's land, buildings and business are also foreign-owned.
You're not squealing about them, yet they alone are more of a danger and cost our country far more than fishing ever could.

That is how the world works.
Get used to it.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2021, 02:03 PM

I just read your very interesting link Zaphod, and although it indicates that talks about fishing are ongoing and continuous
Ah, just like I have been saying all along then.

it also confirms all that l and others on this forum have been saying for at least 4yrs now, as opposed to your view that fishing is not worth arguing about ??
It says nothing of the sort; show us where in the linked report I gave it says that?

It also states that any delays in confirming our sovereignty over our territory will be to EU's advantage so the need for us to make haste in tying all this up is imperative? This explains why EU is dragging it's heels, but does not explain why Boris agreed a 5•5 yr
extension to the existing quota's ??
No it doesn't; as usual you misinterpret what is there for everybody to see.

PS. did you get your links mixd up ???
Not at all, but I read them and can understand what it says.

Further confirmation of what I have said before comes at the end of that report:

"Higher costs and a dramatic increase in the quantity and complexity of customs documentation are part and parcel of the UK’s decision to leave the single market and customs union. The difficult conditions faced at the border since the turn of the year– and ensuing delays, fatal to a perishable commodity such as fresh fish and live shellfish, owe more to a complex of factors. These include:

System and business readiness in different parts of the supply chain and at the Border Control Posts themselves
Different interpretations of the rules at different EU entry points
A conflict in interpretation that has led to an effective ban on the import of live bi-valve molluscs into the EU.

Work is ongoing – principally through the twice weekly meetings of the Exporters Stakeholders Group – to resolve the outstanding issues."

See?
Fishermen should have known change was inevitable as "part and parcel" of leaving the EU.
But instead of preparing adequately they've waited until problems hit.
Also (as you have said) work to resolve difficulties is ongoing.

Now if you and your buddies want to carry on getting worked up about something that you seem not only to not understand but that you are incapable of doing anything about, you carry on.
If you're busy moaning about fish you're leaving something else in peace.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2021, 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
I post my opinions and then follow them with supporting evidence and that is how it should be done.
Certainly it is in higher education; legal argument; etc. etc.
Supporting evidence = fact - you know, that stuff you don't seem to like since you keep objecting to it..
Well tough; funnily enough you even posted and highlighted that what you keep disagreeing with:
"The UK, however, retains regulatory autonomy over the rules which apply to all vessels fishing within the UK exclusive economic zone."

I don't need to see any more and neither should anybody else, because the above makes very clear exactly what I have been saying all along:

The UK has full control over our sovereign waters together with the ability to independently regulate fishing.
You and others do not like how the UK has handled access to our waters and our fish but that is nothing to do with our seas being our own.
There is a huge difference.

The UK's land is also sovereign, yet much of our infrastructure is also owned by foreign companies who also profit from their using our country.
A huge volume of the UK's land, buildings and business are also foreign-owned.
You're not squealing about them, yet they alone are more of a danger and cost our country far more than fishing ever could.

That is how the world works.
Get used to it.

This is how the sell out deal works. Nowhere else in the world works like this. At least understand that.

It must be well over 20 tines I've tried explaining this to you but your just never going to understand it.

I can't make you understand so I'll leave you to blow smoke up your own arse and live in your little world of Wikipedia and hyperlinks.
Zaphod
Lincs UK

04-03-2021, 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
This is how the sell out deal works. Nowhere else in the world works like this. At least understand that.

It must be well over 20 tines I've tried explaining this to you but your just never going to understand it.

I can't make you understand so I'll leave you to blow smoke up your own arse and live in your little world of Wikipedia and hyperlinks.
Insults again?

Can you really not at least try to make your point without becoming personal and nasty?

Let's see if you can be adult enough to stop, since it must even to you be obvious by now that we will never see eye-to-eye on this.

You're only wasting your own efforts when there's still a possibility that the whole deal might fall through; see the "Misled Over Brexit" thread and the recent news that the EU won't set a date to ratify the deal.
What does the EU not ratifying a deal mean?
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2021, 03:43 PM

Ah, just like I have been saying all along then.

It says nothing of the sort; show us where in the linked report I gave it says that?

No it doesn't; as usual you misinterpret what is there for everybody to see.

Not at all, but I read them and can understand what it says.

Further confirmation of what I have said before comes at the end of that report:

"Higher costs and a dramatic increase in the quantity and complexity of customs documentation are part and parcel of the UK’s decision to leave the single market and customs union. The difficult conditions faced at the border since the turn of the year– and ensuing delays, fatal to a perishable commodity such as fresh fish and live shellfish, owe more to a complex of factors. These include:

System and business readiness in different parts of the supply chain and at the Border Control Posts themselves
Different interpretations of the rules at different EU entry points
A conflict in interpretation that has led to an effective ban on the import of live bi-valve molluscs into the EU.

Work is ongoing – principally through the twice weekly meetings of the Exporters Stakeholders Group – to resolve the outstanding issues."

See?
Fishermen should have known change was inevitable as "part and parcel" of leaving the EU.
But instead of preparing adequately they've waited until problems hit.
Also (as you have said) work to resolve difficulties is ongoing.

Now if you and your buddies want to carry on getting worked up about something that you seem not only to not understand but that you are incapable of doing anything about, you carry on.
If you're busy moaning about fish you're leaving something else in peace.
At your request Zaphod l now post some of what your your link
said !
PARAGRAPH/ TAC's & TAC conditions; it is clear that EU strategy is
TO BIND UK INTO THE CFP !!

PARAGRAPH/. Breaking the mould ; The EU's stress on collaboration
Convergence& continuance mask it's ambition to bind UK to THE CFP!
THE UK has covered it's strongest card in the negotiations by
signing the Christmas TCA, thus allowing the EU to continue for
another 5•5 yrs minimum under the CFP regime??
What could be clearer than that??
Ok, so negotiations are ongoing, but we start with disadvantage
due to Boris signing things awa. so easily !
It is time to use the get out clause that Barmy so kindly included in
TCA, I wonder why he included that??
Maybe he knows Boris will never use it ??
BTW, your manners appear to be slipping again ??

Donkeyman!! 👎🤔🤔👎
Zaphod
Lincs UK

04-03-2021, 04:01 PM

At your request Zaphod l now post some of what your your link
said !
PARAGRAPH/ TAC's & TAC conditions; it is clear that EU strategy is
TO BIND UK INTO THE CFP !!

PARAGRAPH/. Breaking the mould ; The EU's stress on collaboration
Convergence& continuance mask it's ambition to bind UK to THE CFP!
THE UK has covered it's strongest card in the negotiations by
signing the Christmas TCA, thus allowing the EU to continue for
another 5•5 yrs minimum under the CFP regime??
What could be clearer than that??
Ok, so negotiations are ongoing, but we start with disadvantage
due to Boris signing things awa. so easily !
It is time to use the get out clause that Barmy so kindly included in
TCA, I wonder why he included that??
Maybe he knows Boris will never use it ??
BTW, your manners appear to be slipping again ??

Donkeyman!! 👎🤔🤔👎
There is quite a difference between strategy and outcome Donkeyman, and I can assure you that in the face of determined provocation my manners remain impeccable unlike those of some others.

I would however suggest with you the same as I have suggested with others: since we cannot and never will see eye-to-eye on this, let's see if you are adult enough to cease the circular loquacity.
Basically: stop the diatribes.

Ta muchly.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2021, 07:09 PM

There is quite a difference between strategy and outcome Donkeyman, and I can assure you that in the face of determined provocation my manners remain impeccable unlike those of some others.

I would however suggest with you the same as I have suggested with others: since we cannot and never will see eye-to-eye on this, let's see if you are adult enough to cease the circular loquacity.
Basically: stop the diatribes.

Ta muchly.
So a no answer again Zaphod. ??
You have outlinked yourself this time. !!

Donkeyman! 👍🤗🤗👍
Zaphod
Lincs UK

04-03-2021, 07:14 PM

So a no answer again Zaphod. ??
You have outlinked yourself this time. !!

Donkeyman! 👍🤗🤗👍
Are you having another Specsavers moment?
Read my answer again.
Note the following:

There is quite a difference between strategy and outcome

Oh, and I posted no link in the reply I quote either but don't let a little thing like honesty spoil your unreasonable behaviour, will you?
You're welcome.

Again I will ask you: are you determined to see a ban for provoking disagreement or a thread removed because of disagreement?
We both know that posts have been removed and why they have been removed.
I can think of no other reasonable explanation for such continued provocative, deliberate misinterpretation from you TBH.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom

04-03-2021, 08:20 PM

Are you having another Specsavers moment?
Read my answer again.
Note the following:

There is quite a difference between strategy and outcome

Oh, and I posted no link in the reply I quote either but don't let a little thing like honesty spoil your unreasonable behaviour, will you?
You're welcome.

Again I will ask you: are you determined to see a ban for provoking disagreement or a thread removed because of disagreement?
We both know that posts have been removed and why they have been removed.
I can think of no other reasonable explanation for such continued provocative, deliberate misinterpretation from you TBH.
Might l suggest you post on either pro brexit or against Brexit
forums I f you find yourself unable to contain your venom ??
Choose either one, the result will be positive either way ??

Donkeyman! 👍🤗👍

Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top