Join for free
Page 5 of 8 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2014, 08:39 AM

Re: Coffee Machines

Originally Posted by Diamond Lady ->
Hi Jazzi,

I'm very interested in the one you've bought just in case mine goes on the blink. Do use use skimmed milk straight from the fridge? My Nespresso is similar to yours with that miniature whisker at the bottom. There are two to attachments to choose from, I use the round one. Can't remember what the other one is for! Mine heats and froths and with the Aldi skimmed there is just a little amount not frothed, which I like.

We'll have to upload photos of our efforts and compare!
Morning DL, I would imagine your attachments are the same as mine.

I don't drink skimmed milk - can't stand the stuff. It's like water! I only ever drink semi skimmed.

I'll try and remember pictures next time I use it.
Diamond Lady
South Derbyshire
Diamond Lady is female  Diamond Lady has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2014, 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Morning DL, I would imagine your attachments are the same as mine.

I don't drink skimmed milk - can't stand the stuff. It's like water! I only ever drink semi skimmed.

I'll try and remember pictures next time I use it.
Morning Jazzi,

I know what you mean about skimmed - disgusting, but I've got this thing about froth and semi doesn't give me enough of it.
Diamond Lady
South Derbyshire
Diamond Lady is female  Diamond Lady has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2014, 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by jaywalker ->
Good job we're all different. I absolutely love my De Longhi Nespresso coffee machine with attached milk frother. Have had it for three years, use it every day, and would buy another if it conks out. Don't care if the Nespresso pods are expensive. I like them and you can't take the money with you and my sons don't need it!
Hi there Jaywalker, I had a De Longhi, it was large and green, but not the one for pods, before their time I think. I only used the frother so went for something a bit smaller when it died. I'm a coffee philistine and don't like the proper stuff! Hey! If your sons don't need it, can you send me some
Diamond Lady
South Derbyshire

30-12-2014, 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by Diamond Lady ->
Morning Jazzi,

I know what you mean about skimmed - disgusting, but I've got this thing about froth and semi doesn't give me enough of it.
I always put some cold milk in before pouring the froth on top as I can't wait for the drink to cool down. If you are as mad as I am about froth, you could always top up with Semi Skimmed and do the froth with Skimmed.

Righto, I'm now going to try and put on a photo. If your new machine can get froth like this, then that will definitely be the next one, when I need a replacement.

May not work, only taken me a couple of hours !!
Diamond Lady
South Derbyshire

30-12-2014, 01:15 PM

Nope, it didn't work !!
Diamond Lady
South Derbyshire

30-12-2014, 01:20 PM

Diamond Lady
South Derbyshire

30-12-2014, 01:21 PM

That didn't work either !!

I've got the photo uploaded into 'bucket', but have no idea what to do thereafter
Diamond Lady
South Derbyshire

30-12-2014, 01:21 PM

Despite reading lots of helpful advice on the forum - I must be thick !
Diamond Lady
South Derbyshire

30-12-2014, 01:47 PM

Still trying !!

[IMG]
[/IMG]

Flippin' 'eck !!! Was it worth it ??!!! Going for a like down !!
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2014, 04:23 PM

Yep, deffo worth it! No, you don't get that much froth, esp with the semi. I bought a glass latte mug in Wilko today for £1. I thought buying a new frother warranted such a receptacle.

Can you now put up a photo of the machine you are using, please?

Page 5 of 8 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top