Join for free
Page 5 of 14 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »
Billie
New Member!
London, UK
Billie is female 

10-01-2015, 02:31 PM

Re: Are you shy!

It seems a lot of people on internet forums admit to being painfully shy. I suppose that's why we're on here.
littlebob
Gwynedd Wales
littlebob is male 

10-01-2015, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by Billie ->
It seems a lot of people on internet forums admit to being painfully shy. I suppose that's why we're on here.
Some may be shy but others are unwell and this offers a vital means of communicating with other people. For that reason alone I think the Internet is marvellous and if I was running the government it would be free to all.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2015, 02:50 PM

No,I'm not shy,but I am a tad introverted and like to pick and chose when and who I spend time with...If I happen to find Myself in the company of negative Folks,..You won't see Me for dust,but when I'm in the mood I can talk the hind leg off of a donkey...then I don't want to see/talk to Anyone for days/weeks/ even Months on end :~)
Diamond Lady
South Derbyshire
Diamond Lady is female  Diamond Lady has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2015, 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by aquablue ->
No,I'm not shy,but I am a tad introverted and like to pick and chose when and who I spend time with...If I happen to find Myself in the company of negative Folks,..You won't see Me for dust,but when I'm in the mood I can talk the hind leg off of a donkey...then I don't want to see/talk to Anyone for days/weeks/ even Months on end :~)
Just done a Google and found an interesting link on the differences between shyness and introvertion - I'm a mixture of both !!

http://knowledgenuts.com/2014/03/07/...g-introverted/
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2015, 03:43 PM

Aye that sounds about right DL...I'm more than happy in My Own company with My reading/writing/music etc',in fact sometimes I think I'd make a very happy Recluse..(If the Family would just allow it) ;~)
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2015, 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by littlebob ->
I always enjoy Weddings and Funerals, I know Funerals are supposed to be sombre occasions but I often meet people that I have heard about but never met. And some have really surpassed my expectations. The problem is I am now quite extravert and really enjoy speaking to people specially older people as they have an increadable wealth of experience.
I’m not too fond of weddings Bob, or ‘Hangings’ as my old dad would jokingly call them, but I have to admit I love a good wake and have been to many in my day, as far as I’m concerned it’s a great way to thank all your family and friends for the happy times you spent on earth with them, after all death is a part of life, give them a good hooley and a knees up and they will remember you with affection, I have a few bob put by for me own wake and I hope everyone there has a good time.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2015, 08:59 PM

Not shy exactly but introverted and and a loner, I prefer the company of dogs to people.

Weddings and social gatherings of any kind are a nightmare and make me want to scream and run

It's a good job we are not all the same
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2015, 10:43 PM

I used to be quite shy as a child, but once I became successful in my mid 20s in running my own business, I realised that I had no reason not to be confident.

Throughout the various financial troubles I had in my 30s and 40s (including almost going bankrupt) I did lose some of my confidence, but at no point was I "shy".
littlebob
Gwynedd Wales
littlebob is male 

10-01-2015, 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
I’m not too fond of weddings Bob, or ‘Hangings’ as my old dad would jokingly call them, but I have to admit I love a good wake and have been to many in my day, as far as I’m concerned it’s a great way to thank all your family and friends for the happy times you spent on earth with them, after all death is a part of life, give them a good hooley and a knees up and they will remember you with affection, I have a few bob put by for me own wake and I hope everyone there has a good time.
Sounds a good idea to me Jem.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2015, 11:10 PM

I'm not too shy to push the boat out, take the lead, dip my toe in the water, fight the fight.

Page 5 of 14 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top