Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
Baxter8
Somerset
Baxter8 is female  Baxter8 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2013, 12:36 PM

Re: Giving up on the minutiae of life and car parking spaces

What a funny but also quite touching posting.

Sometimes I think "is it worth getting worked up about a parking space outside my house - I am sure lots of people in Syria would jump at the chance of just having that worry in their lives".

It's about taking a long-term and expansive perspective sometimes.

Originally Posted by Jem ->
I know what you mean Sandy. the little things in life used to bother me but as I got older I realised how silly that was, now when the wife starts chattering to me about trifle little things that I have absolutely no interest in, I pretend to be listening out of politeness, I'm like one of those nodding dogs they used to have on car windscreens, inside me I'm hoping she won't be asking any questions when she's finished, funny how she has never copped on, maybe she has but out of politeness just rambles on.
The way I look at things now is there are only two real worries at this stage of life, if one has to worry about something that is, sickness and death, and one of them you can do nothing about, everything else is just not worth the worry.

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top