Join for free
Page 5 of 17 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 15 > Last »
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2013, 12:59 PM

Re: Womens' Right to Choose

Originally Posted by ben-varrey ->

The flip side of your question is: does another human have the right to dictate what happens to another human's body and their life?
I think I know what you're saying. There is really no correct answer or a good solution to the problem. It's more or less just what we think is right or wrong. Whatever we decide and do, we'll have to live with our decisions. My mind is made up firmly on this issue.
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2013, 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by Mr Ploppy ->
I think I know what you're saying. There is really no correct answer or a good solution to the problem. It's more or less just what we think is right or wrong. Whatever we decide and do, we'll have to live with our decisions. My mind is made up firmly on this issue.
And that's fine.. However, do you want to empose your idea of right and wrong on other people? Can you be against abortion without taking that choice away from women? If you are fine with letting others make the decision based on their conscience, then you have no argument from me. It's those who would force their religious values on others that are the problem.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2013, 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by Mr Ploppy ->
I agree: as onlookers, there is no right or wrong decision because it doesn't affect us personally; I suppose we have the luxury of 'judging' from afar. My mind is made up that I would never tell another human being what they can and cannot do with their own bodies - that is up to them and, as you have said, their conscience.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2013, 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by AudreyII ->
And that's fine.. However, do you want to empose your idea of right and wrong on other people? Can you be against abortion without taking that choice away from women? If you are fine with letting others make the decision based on their conscience, then you have no argument from me. It's those who would force their religious values on others that are the problem.
Yes we can be against abortion entirely without doing that as we don't control the law. Unless we hear all sides to these questions how can we possibly make decent good laws ? We can be shut up but what laws come from all one sided arguments I would dread to think about, certainly wouldn't want to live in a country that only listened to one side of any argument.
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2013, 01:17 PM

A woman who chooses to end a pregnancy shouldn't have to tell her side. It's her decision for whatever the reason and it's not anyone elses business. That is what the right to privacy means. I don't care why someone makes a decision so long as it's being done within the law. AND abortion is legal.
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2013, 01:18 PM

I am not trying to impose my opinion on to anyone. I'm just voicing it. Like I said before, do what you feel is right and live with it. None of my concern.
I do agree with you what you say about religious values being forced on others.
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox

29-08-2013, 01:26 PM

I hope you don't mind me reiterating what I've said before. To me the issue is not about the woman's body but the little body growing inside her.
For a woman to say 'it's my body, and I do with it what I like' is a copout.
AudreyII
USA

29-08-2013, 01:34 PM

Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2013, 01:35 PM

A woman who chooses to end a pregnancy shouldn't have to tell her side. It's her decision for whatever the reason and it's not anyone elses business. That is what the right to privacy means. I don't care why someone makes a decision so long as it's being done within the law. AND abortion is legal.
Within the law she has to say why she is doing what she is, part of the process is counselling and the doctors signing it off need to now too.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

29-08-2013, 01:36 PM

And none of them are the human body either so not sure what the point you are trying to make is.

Page 5 of 17 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 15 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top