Join for free
Page 5 of 34 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 15 > Last »
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2014, 09:30 AM

Re: Does the internet facilitate unpleasant behaviour?

Isn't it a bit sad we have had to learn to though ? I am betting most reasonable nice people when they join the internet change a bit just to survive the forums etc.
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2014, 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by Fredtheshed ->
I think everyone on the Internet should be made to watch Songs Of Praise and Loose Women before posting anything.
Now that would really make me nasty and vindictive!!!
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2014, 10:26 AM

Does the internet facilitate unpleasant behaviour?
The internet facilitates all sorts of behaviour, and most of all it facilitates human communication and, as we all know, human communication can be good, bad or indifferent. Blaming the internet is like blaming the telephone for communicating bad news, or blaming water for drowning people.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2014, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by Honey ->
How would he have known where to find you unless you've given personal information out? You have to be really careful what you share on the internet, it's fine to show pics of your pets but nothing that can identify you otherwise you're taking risks with your personal safety and that of your family too
What wise words Honey, I know on another forum members post pics of their family willy-nilly. very foolish IMO
comeandgo
The universe
comeandgo is female 

19-11-2014, 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by APRICOT ->
What wise words Honey, I know on another forum members post pics of their family willy-nilly. very foolish IMO
That is really stupid, especially posting photos of children which can be used by paedophiles for their perverted ends!
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2014, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by comeandgo ->
That is really stupid, especially posting photos of children which can be used by paedophiles for their perverted ends!
So very , very true .it makes me a bit sad really, daft old bat .
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

19-11-2014, 01:19 PM

PS , that is me, not you, Comeandgo
Victors Mate
Fondly Remembered
Planet Earth
Victors Mate is male  Victors Mate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2014, 01:40 PM

Whenever an internet troll or bully has a go at me I visualise him/her as a scruffy, unkempt man in his unwashed underwear complete with tomato ketchup stained string vest. He is seated at a battered old kitchen table in a dingy bed-sit lit only by a single unshaded 60watt bulb, a half empty bottle of some dark brew at his elbow, punching out his hate on a battered keyboard. Funnily enough then I find it difficult to then take him at all seriously.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2014, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by APRICOT ->
PS , that is me, not you, Comeandgo
yes - took a second read to get that
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2014, 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by Victors Mate ->
Whenever an internet troll or bully has a go at me I visualise him/her as a scruffy, unkempt man in his unwashed underwear complete with tomato ketchup stained string vest. He is seated at a battered old kitchen table in a dingy bed-sit lit only by a single unshaded 60watt bulb, a half empty bottle of some dark brew at his elbow, punching out his hate on a battered keyboard. Funnily enough then I find it difficult to then take him at all seriously.
That's a good way to look at them, I think they are basically unhappy people trying to bring us all down to the same level of unhappiness as they inhabit. Sad people with sad lives.

Page 5 of 34 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 15 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top