Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2015, 11:44 AM

Re: Domestic God or not?

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I own up to an automatic washing machine - but you will not find any of the other things on your list in my house !
Och Me too,though I do have a tumble drier,but it's the maids day off so I'll have to take the washing out of the machine Myself and put it in there..woe is Me! ;~)
SnazDax
Berkshire U.K.
SnazDax is male  SnazDax has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2015, 11:51 AM

I am not having a go at any body, and I would say Silver that you donot have a need for any of these things as you can cope quite well with out. For those of us that do have/use (this house included) its because of work demands/illhealth. However, on the Nevelle level... (do you like that/see what I did there) there is no saying that she is no more aquaint with the goings on than he is and it is all left to a person from a 3rd world state (known here in as `Conswella`). What made this all possable was a vast income from old Gasser toiling on the soccer field for a full 90 minuets (and with only a short fag break inbetwix). As he now is looking a bit passed his sell by date she has a word with the press. Sugar and spice my friends.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2015, 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by 2wheeler ->
All this fuss about a few domestic chores. With all due respect to the ladies, itīs hardly rocket science - the machines that have made modern life so easy were no doubt invented by men, and if the average bloke canīt operate one or all of them, heīs either a muppet or just pretending. Come on - whatīs to know about a washing machine???
I agree, when my wife buggered off leaving me with three kids I can't say that household jobs were any problem at all.

I prepared food, washed clothes and did all the jobs women make such a fuss about while working shiftwork at the steelworks (not an office job). The hard parts were things like getting the right kid to their right sports at the right ground on the weekend, making sure they got to orthodontists or had the right money on the right day for school excursions or little athletics..

House work is a doddle.
Anita
Midlands, UK
Anita is female  Anita has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2015, 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by SnazDax ->
I am not having a go at any body, and I would say Silver that you donot have a need for any of these things as you can cope quite well with out. For those of us that do have/use (this house included) its because of work demands/illhealth. However, on the Nevelle level... (do you like that/see what I did there) there is no saying that she is no more aquaint with the goings on than he is and it is all left to a person from a 3rd world state (known here in as `Conswella`). What made this all possable was a vast income from old Gasser toiling on the soccer field for a full 90 minuets (and with only a short fag break inbetwix). As he now is looking a bit passed his sell by date she has a word with the press. Sugar and spice my friends.

I see where you're coming from now and I get the point.
You could be right.
Anita
Midlands, UK
Anita is female  Anita has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2015, 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
I agree, when my wife buggered off leaving me with three kids I can't say that household jobs were any problem at all.

I prepared food, washed clothes and did all the jobs women make such a fuss about while working shiftwork at the steelworks (not an office job). The hard parts were things like getting the right kid to their right sports at the right ground on the weekend, making sure they got to orthodontists or had the right money on the right day for school excursions or little athletics..

House work is a doddle.
I don't blame you for having a go at women after what happened TBH, it's understandable but lots of ladies, many of whom are single parents too do their level best running the home and a having a full time job.
I have a friend who did that and cared for her 5 children, no fuss was made at all and they are now grown up.
Fender Bender
By the pc
Fender Bender is male  Fender Bender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2015, 02:53 PM

The american idea of a womans role...

uploading images

I am now going into hiding....
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2015, 03:04 PM

Is that a hookah pipe He's using?...If so You and He are definitely hallucinating :~)
Fender Bender
By the pc
Fender Bender is male  Fender Bender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2015, 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by aquablue ->
Is that a hookah pipe He's using?...If so You and He are definitely hallucinating :~)
Diamond Lady
South Derbyshire
Diamond Lady is female  Diamond Lady has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2015, 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by Fender Bender ->
The american idea of a womans role...

uploading images

I am now going into hiding....
I have that here, but in role reversal !! - mind you I gave up the pipe many year's ago !!
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2015, 05:59 AM

Originally Posted by Anita ->
I don't blame you for having a go at women after what happened TBH, it's understandable but lots of ladies, many of whom are single parents too do their level best running the home and a having a full time job.
I have a friend who did that and cared for her 5 children, no fuss was made at all and they are now grown up.
I was't having a go at women at all, I was saying that these days housework is easy - basically everything you said after 'TBH'.

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top