Join for free
Page 5 of 13 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »
Uff
Scotland
Uff is female  Uff has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2015, 07:42 PM

Re: Bit of a fright this morning

How awful for your two dogs and yourself Julie. I hope that the matter is resolved quickly and that all three of you get well soon.

Clumsy I couldn't believe what I was reading in your post. That was dreadful. Doesn't cast a very good light on the police that dealt with it does it?
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2015, 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by Uff ->
How awful for your two dogs and yourself Julie. I hope that the matter is resolved quickly and that all three of you get well soon.

Clumsy I couldn't believe what I was reading in your post. That was dreadful. Doesn't cast a very good light on the police that dealt with it does it?
I agree Uff, but they probably closed ranks.
Uff
Scotland
Uff is female  Uff has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2015, 09:20 PM

Yes I'm sure that you are right Jazzi. Dreadful isn't it?
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2015, 09:35 PM

Uff and Jazzi, I can assure you that what I said is the honest truth, but Jazzi is right, they do close ranks. Despite the numerous complaints from the residents in our area who were affected by this policeman, his wife, also a police woman, who incidentally was completely crazy, and his police friends, all we ever got were excuses and promises from their superiors. Then they wonder why the public have very little faith in the police.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2015, 11:45 PM

Originally Posted by Cass ->
Big or small makes no difference if a dog is aggressive and out of control, which this one was the owner is accountable.

You should report it not just for your own safety but also for other people.

Exactly, Cass. Couldn't agree more.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2015, 11:55 PM

Little update Betty is very sore, but able to walk better this evening, my husband sat on the floor with her while I was at work and managed to help her get into a position to go to the loo, she was struggling terribly to go, obviously just too painful for her, Elsie went out with me when I got back from work she is scared of her own shadow but we managed a short walk before she decided she needed to bolt for home.

Nathan came with us and has offered to stay the weekend to try to help Elsie get out and about - he is really good with her and she seems to trust him more than me at the moment.

Was talking to the chap round the corner with 3 German shepherds he was telling me he thinks he knows where the dog is and is was going home to ring the police to tell them. So hopefully they will be able to pick it up. We will feel safer if they do.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2015, 06:40 AM

Pleased to hear what the neighbour is going to do - good for her !
What a rotten time - hope all progresses well now and everyone can settle and the little doggies too x
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2015, 07:00 AM

Julie, did you eventually make it to hospital to have your own wound sorted out?

I hope that all three of you are recovering this morning and am glad the 'authorities' are doing something about it.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2015, 10:15 AM

Yes I had to go so they would report it as a human dog bite, that's the only reason anyone is actually doing anything about this. Mine is nothing compared to Elsie and Betty though, just needed a tetanus and some antibiotic cream. Bit uncomfortable sitting down as it's back of my leg but nothing to worry about.

All's quiet here today apparently last night the police arrested the woman who owns the dog as she is obstructing their enquiries - I missed that as I was at work but Steven said she didn't go willingly.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2015, 05:00 PM

Thanks for the update, Julie. Those poor little pets of yours, still feeling in pain and traumatised! Hope the dog's owner remains under police questioning for awhile.

Page 5 of 13 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top