Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2015, 08:01 PM

Re: Shingles Vaccination

Not sure ruthio
Marion
Norfolk
Marion is female  Marion has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2015, 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by deylon ->
Marion,sorry to hear you had shingles,I know it is very painful , my friend had them. Did the shingles jab cause any side affects,and did it help you
Deylon, no it didn't hurt, not even a tender arm and no I didn't notice any side effects at all.

I had shingles on one side of my forehead and it always came in the same place. This is apparently because the nerves there are damaged so when it comes back it goes straight to the same place.
Marion
Norfolk
Marion is female  Marion has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2015, 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Am I right in thinking that the jabs don't actually prevent you catching the virus, but make the symptoms less severe?
That's what I was told ruthio, it doesn't stop you getting it.
Celyn
Hampshire
Celyn is female  Celyn has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2015, 10:22 AM

I have heard that it doesn't stop you getting Shingles. That was only anecdotally not a prefessional opinion. It's best to ask at your GP practice.

Just found this which states that it reduces the effects (hopefully)
http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/vaccina...ccination.aspx

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top