Join for free
Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2016, 06:48 PM

Re: Salmon Jumping

Why can't you go again?
Is there nowhere accessible for you or can no-one help?

It seems a shame to give up a sport/hobby you obviously love so much.
Cosmos
UK
Cosmos is female  Cosmos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2016, 09:03 PM

hubbys health Tpin.......He cant fish and wont go.....nevermind....
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2016, 09:58 PM

Hi

My next adventure

http://guidedfishing.eu/?p=450

Luckily I don't need the guides, I have friends there.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2016, 10:04 PM

If you ever get the chance, even if only a couple of days, cat fishing on the Ebro is a fantastic experience.
Cosmos
UK
Cosmos is female  Cosmos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2016, 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
If you ever get the chance, even if only a couple of days, cat fishing on the Ebro is a fantastic experience.

Ive fished the river Ebro Tpin........
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK

31-01-2016, 11:54 PM

Originally Posted by Cosmos ->
Ive fished the river Ebro Tpin........
For cats?

It's a great river whatever your target specimen.
Cosmos
UK

31-01-2016, 11:59 PM

For Anything, But not a Bite........got fed up with the mozzies biting me lol
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK

01-02-2016, 12:17 AM

Originally Posted by Cosmos ->
For Anything, But not a Bite........got fed up with the mozzies biting me lol
Oh yes, nasty little things.

We were told by our guide that alcohol was a good deterrent, they don't like alcohol in your sweat, well we didn't need telling twice, San Miguel por favor.
Cosmos
UK

01-02-2016, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
Oh yes, nasty little things.

We were told by our guide that alcohol was a good deterrent, they don't like alcohol in your sweat, well we didn't need telling twice, San Miguel por favor.
Ohh Tpin....Had lots of Sangria in me ...lol

Our next stop was Muskie Fishing in Canada, but alas....it wont happen now.....
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2016, 03:59 PM

Oh no no no.

Once I was All England Champion at something when it demanded skill, then the rules changed so the game changed and was made easy and big became the name of the game rather than skill.

Hence today the same with fishing , people want big, easy and boring. So today we have few fishermen and a lot of boring Carp fisherman.
Non fishermen will now be confused, well the skill of catching a wild fish has been replaced with snaring a tame fish of excessive growth without skill. Normally the tame fish are put in lakes and have pet names and fished for with self hooking rigs. The first the angler knows about hooking it is when his bite alarm goes off while he sleeps in his tent (Biv). Now folks that ain't fishing. Catching a 18lb wild carp that most like has never been hooked before and having it running you down two fields in a fierce tidal narrow river, that is fishing.

Catfish another ugly monstrosity introduced into our waters to keep the easy big fish brigade happy.

I remember when Dick Walker caught a 2lb Roach and a 1lb dace in one sitting from a very small river near his house. His achievement was not believed so the following week he did it again. That is skill, and that is what makes a great fisherman.

Myself ,surgery alas on my spine and now the breakdown of the nerves in my legs, all very painful make standing hopeless and fly fishing is standing. Course fishing, alas what river fishing we have is poorly maintained and in many cases the banks steep and slippery, even on the little stream in my Rother pictures where quite a few young guys have slid in seeking the big Barbel.

So do I want to sit on a chair on my own, always on my own and catch tame fish....naaaaaaa

Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top