Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2015, 01:51 AM

Re: Winter Duvets

Originally Posted by mesco m ->
Sorry. I didn't' realise that it was about sleeping alone. I thought it was about duvets..
Lol

I have something called a 'hot water bottle'

At present I am still using the summer duvet.

OH and I always preferred our bedroom to have no heating on.

Not just because we thought it unhealthy to have the central heating on in every room, we just felt better relying on our body heat even though I occasionally suffer from Raynauds.

We/I prefer to be unreliant on technology
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2015, 01:57 AM

Rachel take note, you can't mention a hot water bottle, apparently it's strictly duvets only, I stand corrected
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2015, 01:59 AM

Originally Posted by Honey ->
Rachel take note, you can't mention a hot water bottle, apparently it's strictly duvets only, I stand corrected
Oh bugger

Dunnit ... I shall have to delete myself
Hottie bottie awaits
jaywalker
Hobart, Tasmania
jaywalker is female  jaywalker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2015, 02:17 AM

All the descriptions of togs and 13.5s etc are a bit bemusing for us simple Aussies. Our just come in 50/50 (feather and down) or 85/15 or wool or polyester. So what does tog stand for?

http://www.myer.com.au/shop/mystore/quilts

I like the European hotels that have two separate duvets - very practical but a bit messy. Very few Aussies have central heating so it's duvets (usually called doonas or quilts here) and electric blankets for those in the southern states and just a sheet in the northern states.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2015, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
Lol

I have something called a 'hot water bottle'

At present I am still using the summer duvet.

OH and I always preferred our bedroom to have no heating on.

Not just because we thought it unhealthy to have the central heating on in every room, we just felt better relying on our body heat even though I occasionally suffer from Raynauds.

We/I prefer to be unreliant on technology
The same here. No matter how cold the weather, we never have the heating on in the bedroom and always have a window open, unless it's blowing a gale and it's rattling the blinds.
Edited to included the word duvet

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top