Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2016, 01:47 PM

Re: do you feel safe if out at night

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
don't get me wrong, whilst I'm giving an Oscar winning performance my bottom is twitching like a rabbit's nose.
Perhaps some of the ladies might like to see pictures?
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2016, 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Perhaps some of the ladies might like to see pictures?
I am sure we would JBR, but how can he take a selfie of his rear end when he is among thugs?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2016, 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I am sure we would JBR, but how can he take a selfie of his rear end when he is among thugs?
Get one of the thugs to do it. They'll be too busy laughing to mug him!
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2016, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Get one of the thugs to do it. They'll be too busy laughing to mug him!
Actually, I suspect he thinks that I am more scary than thugs anyway.
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2016, 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by MickB ->
That's because you are much more obsessed with Islam than are those you accuse of islamophobia.
Only if one interprets "obsessed" as having a passion for
fairness, equality, innocent until proven guilty, anti-stereotype, tolerance, kindness, generosity, acceptance, understanding etc etc etc
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2016, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
I love walking and there are so many evenings when I'm dying to go for walk. But I don't, just because it's not safe anymore. I don't even feel safe walking on the towpath in daylight, it's so bloody frustrating!

I worry knowing my daughter stays out late and the potential problems she could face. She was robbed in the centre of L/pool in broad daylight when she was a student.

Public transport seems to be full of thugs too.

And, we've all heard about the people who've been harmed or killed walking their dogs. You'd think the dogs would have been a deterrent.

I'm not behind the door in observational skills . Sure, we can read the potential threat that might be in front us, be on the alert and steer clear of obvious gangs (whether male or female), alleyways, gardens, bushes, that angelic looking kid on his bike - even folk sitting in their cars .... and try to avoid them.
But, sadly, the scum of the earth don't always look like the obvious people who would cause us harm - some are even those who are past a certain age like us

It's just not a safe society any more
Unless you have a couple of Rottweilers or shepherds dogs are not a deterrent and even then determined thugs might hurt them .
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2016, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Unless you have a couple of Rottweilers or shepherds dogs are not a deterrent and even then determined thugs might hurt them .

That is very true Muddy. Recently read of a case not far from here where they sprayed acid into the dog's eyes.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2016, 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by Pumicestone ->
Only if one interprets "obsessed" as having a passion for
fairness, equality, innocent until proven guilty, anti-stereotype, tolerance, kindness, generosity, acceptance, understanding etc etc etc
That's a good CV Pumie, it would get you a job here no bother.....
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2016, 07:30 PM

This is a faily quiet neighbourhood but there have been some muggings/fights. I dont go out in the evening/night but if Ive been out for the day & its late when I get back I feel nervous alone walking from the bus stop home

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top