Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2016, 07:07 PM

Re: Get Lost

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
The weird thing was, Flurry had never been with us anywhere that way on the moor before & my friend had only had her a couple of weeks at that time. She must have had the instincts of a homing pigeon. None of the others could do that, drop the reins & they stopped, put their heads down & grazed.
Tiffany, Have you still got Flurry?
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2016, 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Tiffany, Have you still got Flurry?
She wasn't actually mine, she belonged to my friend who at that time had 4, I used help her look after them, but Flurry was my favourite, she died many years ago.
Flurry & me.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	flurry2010-01-25-1348-27.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	44.8 KB
ID:	908  
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2016, 09:30 AM

That story about fluffy, reminds me of the time that I went to Jersey. I was with my son in law Paul, and Noodle the dog. We were going fishing. To get to the spot that Paul wanted, we had to climb over rocks and gullies. As we got nearer the water, for me the going got more treacherous. I gave up but paul carried on.
After a bit I called to Paul that I was going back to the car.
But I could not remember the way we had come. As I started back, trying to find the way over the rocks and gullies, Noodle took the lead and I just followed her. She got it right.
I always said she was one in a million.
(Why can't I attach a picture of her? It says that I already have in another thread)
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2016, 10:08 AM

Now I am really feeling sorry for most of you. I have never used a sat nav but don't have much trouble finding my way to new places... in fact I once navigated from my home in Cheshire all the way to Siena in Italy. If I am going somewhere I have never been before I will find a route on my PC, for long distances, and make notes on places to look for on road signs. If I am unsure that I am heading in the right direction I will stop and ask somebody. In fact the only time I recall being completely lost was one occasion where my blood sugars were low and I had to stop for 20 mins and eat a packet full of sweets, to help me work out how to get home.
Purdy
Yorkshire. UK
Purdy is female  Purdy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2016, 10:16 AM

I'm terrible! I cant even find my way back from the loo in a different pub and thats before I have a second pint!

and hotels! OMG.
P.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2016, 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by Purdy ->
I'm terrible! I cant even find my way back from the loo in a different pub and thats before I have a second pint!

and hotels! OMG.
P.
I got lost in an hotel once, we were staying in the purpose built bit for visitors, like a travelodge. Desperatly needed a loo so wandered around the corridors & final asked someone, they showed me where & it was the poshest loo I had ever been in, gold taps , thick pile carpet on the floor, a super loo.
Amazing. On leaving it I realised I was in the posh part, the original manor house & not where I should have been.
I found the staircase & went up it it was all carved. Finally found the right area & the reception, but not before I'd had a good nose at how the other half live.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2016, 12:52 PM

Yes and only a few weeks ago lol. I was exploring part of a forest I'd not been in before and there was a lot of huge mud pits I couldn't get through. I had to leave the path several times and go right out of my way. I never met a soul to ask where I was, then I remembered Google Maps on my phone and used that to guide me out. Took over an hour to get back onto the path, I'd have been in a real pickle with out it, then I had another couple of hours walk beck to the car...

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top