Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
mei
Asia
mei is female  mei has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2016, 05:36 AM

Re: Is A Liar, Born Or Made?

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Some people are compulsive/pathological liars You will give evidence that they are telling lies but they will still deny it. Why do they do it?
Are they born, liars, or made? Is it a mental flaw?
I could never lie so l find it hard to understand those that do!
What are your views

I don't think any one is a born liar.
This is a ''skill'', disorder, sickness you acquire through life imo.
For eg if a child is raised in a family where he hears one of is oarents often telling lies he will learn to do the same, no doubt.

As for compulsive or pathological liars to me it is a mental problem or disorder.

Maybe something to do with lack of confidence, or attention seeking, sadly, very often , compulsive liars often end up believing in their own lies .
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2016, 06:22 AM

Originally Posted by mei ->

Maybe something to do with lack of confidence, or attention seeking, sadly, very often , compulsive liars often end up believing in their own lies .
Quite agree mei
Lila
London UK
Lila is female  Lila has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2016, 07:30 AM

I think it's made.

Most children tell lies, then if no-one picks them up on it they tell worse ones until it gets ingrained as a characteristic and they hardly know they're doing it.

Or of course may be imitating parents.

It'd be difficult to prove if there were a genetic component.

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top