Join for free
Page 5 of 8 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2016, 05:18 PM

Re: Was It Really Better ?

Originally Posted by Aysa ->
Nothing new there then LongDogs
No, that's always been true sadly.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2016, 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
The law is like a spider's web, it ensnares small flies but lets the wasps and hornets through.
Originally Posted by Aysa ->
Nothing new there then LongDogs
Why is it that as society evolves, everything becomes more complicated ?

Some things get bigger and others get smaller.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2016, 05:31 PM

Tbh, we did get up to mischief but I cannot think of any of my 'gang' that were destructive in anyway. We never went around damaging cars or breaking shop windows, something that is more prevalent now.
That's very true. I can't think of anything we did much worse than 'knocking at doors and running away'!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2016, 05:32 PM

The law is like a spider's web, it ensnares small flies but lets the wasps and hornets through.
An excellent description, and how very true.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2016, 07:24 PM

Teeth are better today. All the grannies in their hair nets, had false teeth and kept them in a glass by their bed at night. Scary for a kid.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2016, 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
Teeth are better today. All the grannies in their hair nets, had false teeth and kept them in a glass by their bed at night. Scary for a kid.
Oh yes
I believe it was fairly normal for people to have all their teeth to be removed at a certain age and replaced with falsies
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2016, 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
Oh yes
I believe it was fairly normal for people to have all their teeth to be removed at a certain age and replaced with falsies
Once upon a time, false teeth were paid for as a 21st birthday present !! I kid you not .
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK

24-08-2016, 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
Once upon a time, false teeth were paid for as a 21st birthday present !! I kid you not .
Yes I heard that too and always wondered why my some of my grandparents had symmetrical teeth
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK

24-08-2016, 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
Yes I heard that too and always wondered why my some of my grandparents had symmetrical teeth
Haha ! Like piano keys, you mean ? Better than one black, one white and one missing.. I suppose.
I've often wondered who got the gold fillings from a corpse .
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2016, 09:37 PM

My Nan used to tell me about a man who would remove cataracts with his tongue. I don't know if that's true but it sounds disgusting.

Page 5 of 8 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top