Join for free
Page 5 of 18 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 15 > Last »
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2016, 10:48 PM

Re: MPs to vote on Brexit

Is demonstrating, however well behaved, going to help? If the government has done things wrong, perhaps writing to Theresa May or the MP's involved or an online petition is a better way.

I wish I hadn't posted this thread, it going to descend into name calling and arguing again I feel.
If it does I'll ask for it to be removed.
Can we not discuss things rationally?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2016, 10:48 PM

Swim is right when he says that violence on the streets is not the answer but quiet protest is, but there is a minority among us (the extreme right) who would make it their job to incite violence and civil disorder because that's what they do.

We are also forgetting that there were a lot of young people who voted to leave. The media made it their task to stack up the young against the old to make it more worthy of the news.

The result of the referendum might have seemed close, but as was said earlier all the MP's had their vote and Brexit won so if this result is ignored there would be no point voting for anything in the future. Obviously Cameron totally misread the peoples feelings concerning the EU, and it appears it's still happening in parliament today. It's up to the people to force a change in the way this country is governed through mass peaceful protest, but it might get bloody.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2016, 10:54 PM

I agree, OGF. Trouble is if the MP's do vote against if they get to vote we're all in for a rough time.
WASPI have been demonstrating peacefully for months and got no where!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2016, 11:32 PM

Brexit, what was the question again?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2016, 12:26 AM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
If it does I'll ask for it to be removed.
Unless rules are broken, surely threads should not be removed on the whim of one person, should they?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2016, 01:26 AM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I agree, OGF. Trouble is if the MP's do vote against if they get to vote we're all in for a rough time.
WASPI have been demonstrating peacefully for months and got no where!
Hi

There is a world of difference between WASPI and massive coordinated demonstrations, particularly if many of those demonstrating are part of the system.

A petition will serve no useful purpose, simply because if they vote against Brexit they have already shown that they are willing to ignore the wishes of the people.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2016, 02:31 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

There is a world of difference between WASPI and massive coordinated demonstrations, particularly if many of those demonstrating are part of the system.

A petition will serve no useful purpose, simply because if they vote against Brexit they have already shown that they are willing to ignore the wishes of the people.
Not ALL of the people, only a fraction over half of those that voted, why do you leavers keep on as though the whole bloody country voted to leave?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2016, 05:21 AM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
Not ALL of the people, only a fraction over half of those that voted, why do you leavers keep on as though the whole bloody country voted to leave?
Hi

In a Democracy it is a majority decision.

If the Vote had been to Remain I would also have accepted that.
PhilipM
Wales, UK
PhilipM is male  PhilipM has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2016, 06:44 AM

Well thank you all. The " ordure from a great height " following my last post was not nearly as bad as I expected!

No one has a clue how this mess is going to pan out despite pundits speculations!
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2016, 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by PhilipM ->
Well thank you all. The " ordure from a great height " following my last post was not nearly as bad as I expected!

No one has a clue how this mess is going to pan out despite pundits speculations!
So you posted something that you hoped you would be abused over.

You are a sad cookie.

Page 5 of 18 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 15 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top