Join for free
Page 5 of 20 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 15 > Last »
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2017, 09:32 AM

Re: General Election 2017: The Result

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
AAAaaaaaaaaaaaagh!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2017, 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by caricature ->
I think Labour should now be allowed to form a minority government to show that they cannot deliver on their manifesto.
Now that's not a bad idea. If nothing else I'd love to see Comrade Corbyn's embarrassment.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2017, 09:35 AM

Hi

The Conservatives will need to rely on the DUP to form an effective Government.

The DUP are adamant they want an Open Border in Ireland, which means no hard Brexit, it means staying in the Single Market or the Customs Union.

That means free movement, no immigration controls from the EU.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2017, 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Surely now that Brexit has been triggered (Didn't May do so in March?) in two years you will be out of the EU whether you have an agreement with them or not? Parliament doesn't come into it except to ratify any agreement but whether it agrees or not you are out in two years.

Best of luck with that.
That's what I thought but read the article linked to below (Business Insider UK). Also follow the update link at the top of the page:

http://uk.businessinsider.com/brexit...16-7?r=UK&IR=T
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2017, 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

The Conservatives will need to rely on the DUP to form an effective Government.

The DUP are adamant they want an Open Border in Ireland, which means no hard Brexit, it means staying in the Single Market or the Customs Union.

Indeed. I'm afraid it's looking like the country's had it.

And nobody's fault but our own. The Brits can be very stupid sometimes.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2017, 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I hope they would vote against because it's a dreadful idea !

If you were in debt Meg would you take money from the poorest to pay it back or the richest ? That's my argument with the debt idea, they went for the poorest in society because that's what conservatives in power do.
I wouldn't get in debt Julie, I don't live beyond my means.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2017, 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Maybe that is not going to be a big consideration in the future as terrorism brings with it a return to border control and some kind of restricted movement across Europe .
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2017, 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I was just horrified to hear lady , from the green party, say "We will never support the Conservatives". How the hell can any MP say that when they don't know what legislation they are being asked to vote on?
I would understand if it is something the Green party are opposed to, but surely opposition to another party, rather than the legislation they are putting forward, is not helping the country and seems to be a method of manipulating the vote.
With attitudes like that, is it any wonder this country is going downhill?

That was Caroline Lucas - MY local MP, and yes, like me, she has a detestation for the scumbag 'nasty party'. Like me, it would be a very cold day in hell before she voted with the 'nasty party'.
Rainmaker
North Midlands UK
Rainmaker is male  Rainmaker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2017, 10:09 AM

The remainer's revenge. I think, if you look at some of the southern constituencies who voted to remain, many of them came close to, or actually succeded in overtuning what would be safe Conservative seats. The Presidential campaign by the Conservatives and tactical voting are some of the reasons for the poor result. It is not a win for Labour but a failure by the Conservatives and their advisors which is responsible for the mess this country now finds itself in.
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2017, 10:14 AM

May is off to see the queen at 12-30 presumably to inform HM she is going to form a government.

Page 5 of 20 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 15 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top