Join for free
Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2017, 02:29 PM

Re: Would you move house?

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Some people rent out their house and use the rent, to rent another house elsewhere!
Having watched 'Can't Pay, We'll Take It Away' a number of times, nothing would induce me to rent out a property.

Some friends of ours not long ago experienced such problems too.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2017, 02:46 PM

I remember, an elderly couple sold up, left all their friends to live near their son, his wife and grandchildren.
Not long after, their son and his family moved as he had been offered a better job elsewhere.
Then, the elderly lady’s husband died and she was on her own in a place where she hardly knew anyone.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2017, 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I remember, an elderly couple sold up, left all their friends to live near their son, his wife and grandchildren.
Not long after, their son and his family moved as he had been offered a better job elsewhere.
Then, the elderly lady’s husband died and she was on her own in a place where she hardly knew anyone.
That unfortunately happens too often

When Mum pops it, I’m certain mr missy will want to move closer to his children and our grandchildren. This is something we will row about. I’m settled here and whilst I do have a good relationship with the ex wife and the children, I’m not blood and I’m sure once he’s no longer around I won’t figure in their decisions
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2017, 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by Missy ->
That unfortunately happens too often

When Mum pops it, I’m certain mr missy will want to move closer to his children and our grandchildren. This is something we will row about. I’m settled here and whilst I do have a good relationship with the ex wife and the children, I’m not blood and I’m sure once he’s no longer around I won’t figure in their decisions
That will be a very difficult decision Missy. Perhaps you should both discuss your future before you have to make that choice.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2017, 11:31 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I would love to move house, first choice new Newport village in Pembrokeshire just a small cottage with 2 bedrooms and an open fire It is the most beautiful place as I am sure 'Doctor' will tell you.

Oh to get up to the sea every day whatever the weather.

I dared to suggest it and was met with horrified gasps of 'How could you desert your grandchildren who love you' so here I stay in 3 bedroom box with no hope of escape.
Awww Meg....
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2017, 11:59 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
Awww Meg....
I can still dream Pesta
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2017, 12:06 AM

I can still dream Pesta
Bless. Just don't snore then eh?
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2017, 12:10 AM

I can still dream Pesta
I live by the sea, it is lovely in the Summer.
BUT in Winter! I can hardly open my car door.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2017, 12:26 AM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
Bless. Just don't snore then eh?
I will try not to...
Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
I live by the sea, it is lovely in the Summer.
BUT in Winter! I can hardly open my car door.
Sweety I don't mind the winter, it's great when the tourists have gone.
I lived in Dorset and Somerset for a few years and loved being near the wild sea. Wales for me though...
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2017, 03:59 AM

I can still dream Pesta
And hopefully go visit the sea every chanc you can.

Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top