Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2018, 09:57 PM

Re: We were bored so..

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Goodness me!

I thought you'd been proper poorly?
Sounds to me like Someone Else could've done this hard physical work for you??
ruthio, Why should they? l am fine now! Fighting fit!
Feel sorry for poor old ‘whistling boy’, he got his head knocked off!
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2018, 10:16 PM

Oh I see!
I'm glad you're fighting fit again Art
Norway
i
Norway is male  Norway has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2018, 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
The green bin men are coming tomorrow, so l decided to take the Christmas tree down and put it outside for collection
I took the decorations and lights off and opened the French doors to drag it out that way instead of going through the house.
As l pulled the huge tree out through the doors, l heard a thud. My heart dropped as l investigated and found my Whistling Boy statue had lost his head! He’d fallen against the stand of the television. Luckily, l have some ‘No More Nails’ and my daughter stuck it back on!

I looked on the Refuse site to check the green bin men still took whole Christmas trees. It’s a good job l did, as the mean rotters ask you to cut your tree up and put it in the green bins!
I dragged the tree to the gate where my bins were all ready to go and l proceeded to cut my tree up to put in the bins!

It was dark and l hacked away at the tree whilst I used the light of the passing car’s headlights to aim the cutters. I didn’t care if l looked like a nutter, l just wanted the tree gone!
Then, I couldn’t get the bin lid to shut on the thickest length of trunk so l hope they will still take it.
Please don’t them be jobsworth on this occasion!!
Just had a sly word and given them your address, and to look carefully at the BIn lid
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2018, 11:20 PM

Originally Posted by Norway ->
Just had a sly word and given them your address, and to look carefully at the BIn lid
Thanks a bunch! Bin Laden!
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2018, 11:26 PM

So art, your Christmas tree is a Woolworths one.....no branches!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

02-01-2018, 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
So art, your Christmas tree is a Woolworths one.....no branches!
Primus, Stop giving me the needle!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2018, 12:27 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Ha! Primus. Reading back through what l had written, l thought that they sounded a bit alienish but l couldn’t think of any other description!
Well our green bin men are aliens. They speak a different language - every word begins with 'F'.
Norway
i
Norway is male  Norway has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2018, 10:37 AM

[quote=artangel;1306319]thanks a bunch! Bin laden! [/qu

summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2018, 10:40 AM

Took all mine down New Years Day, the cats are distraught

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top