Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2018, 11:52 AM

Re: Does It Annoy You If People Don’t Say, Please, Or Thank You?

I always thank people when they hold doors open for me, I usually get a thank you in return too.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2018, 11:58 AM

So do I Tiff.
I hate it when people walking through a door don't 'take ' the door from you.
I have been known to say Hey I'm not the doorman you know !
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2018, 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by twizzle ->
My granny, even when children were babies and only speaking a few words, wouldn’t release it until they said “ta”
Good, our children were expected to say, 'Thank you', as soon as they learned to talk.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2018, 02:27 PM

Yes Art, it really annoys me. I think it shows how a person was brought up to show good manners. A simple please or thank you is expected by most people when either asking for something or receiving something.

I have used the word aggressively myself in the past and no doubt will do again when it is warranted. Namely in a shop or checkout at the supermarket. I appreciate they can be very busy but If I have spent money and the shop assistant or checkout cashier shoves my change with the receipt into my hand without so much as a thank you, I usually just stare at them and say in a loudish and slowish voice...T H A N K Y O U!! they certainly get the message that the very least I expect for spending my money with them is a simple thank you.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2018, 02:40 PM

Does it annoy Me.?..no..not really..I just call Them a gobshite ..sometimes under My breath,,sometimes more loudly...depending on My mood at the time
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2018, 02:43 PM

It's not hard to have manners. I reckon it's quite rude not to say please, thanks and sorry.

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top