Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2018, 12:27 AM

Re: Have You Ever Had A Mild Addiction?

Growing things from seed.
I have got far too many things already in my small garden, but I just love planting seeds and watching things grow.
It's ridiculous, I have spent this evening transplanting 80 Polyanthus I've grown, far more than I have room for - or want even.
There is hardly an inch of window sill empty, I have things growing everywhere - it's like Kew Gardens here!
Even poorly plants and seedlings I keep and try to nuture them better - I can't just throw them away or let things die.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2018, 05:16 AM

Chai soy lattes
Artisan breads - sourdough most of all
Candles
Ripe whole fresh pineapple
Astronomy journals
OFF
Surfing
Running
Vegetarian sushi
Painting

Good grief, I need about a dozen twelve step programs.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2018, 05:35 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I have got far too many things already in my small garden, but I just love planting seeds and watching things grow.
It's ridiculous, I have spent this evening transplanting 80 Polyanthus I've grown, far more than I have room for - or want even.
There is hardly an inch of window sill empty, I have things growing everywhere - it's like Kew Gardens here!
Even poorly plants and seedlings I keep and try to nuture them better - I can't just throw them away or let things die.
I started my first plants from collected seed and they are doing well. I really can understand how that can be addictive.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2018, 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by oldfool ->
this is great news sweetie but trust me you will get sick of them soon. everyone does. but until you do. you are my number one fan.

small print - you are my only fan
Ahem !!

Old fool you are so fickle !
oldfool
london
oldfool is male  oldfool has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2018, 10:15 AM

let me quote
Old fool you are so fickle
will this get your vote
poetry is my slap and tickle.
shallow and not deep
all done with no skill
and so unbelievably cheap
silver tabby comment was a pure thrill.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2018, 10:20 AM

Fisherman's Friends. The aniseed flavoured ones in the yellow packet. I started buying these when I stopped smoking. I'm mildly addicted to them even now and always carry some around with me.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2018, 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by oldfool ->
curse the day I started writing poetry. controls my whole life. trapped in it now.
Do you think like this the whole time oldfool? If you have a conversation with someone, is it in rhyme?
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2018, 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Do you think like this the whole time oldfool? If you have a conversation with someone, is it in rhyme?
Longy, l think a similar thing about people who talk in, rising deflection/upspeak.
When they write, do they put a question mark at the end of each sentence!

Like Mups, l am addicted to garden centres, plants, growing things, saving dying ones! So l can understand her addiction!!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

05-05-2018, 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Longy, l think a similar thing about people who talk in, rising deflection/upspeak.
When they write, do they put a question mark at the end of each sentence!

Like Mups, l am addicted to garden centres, plants, growing things, saving dying ones! So l can understand her addiction!!
I think once something is successful, it can easily become an obsession.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2018, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I'm the same Mups!
I'm waiting for my daughter to swap greenhouses, she wants my little one and I'll have her bigger one (yippee!) it's killing me not having one at the moment.
I have the staging up with seed trays on it and imagining the glass! Not very efficient though! Lost lots due to weather.
I'm trying to give CPR to some rose bushes that look like they've died during the move!
I won't give up!

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top