Join for free
Page 5 of 10 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2019, 07:06 AM

Re: Massive seagulls

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
One can have fun with gulls.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...lice-baby.html

Sounds like a plan to me!
What a thoroughly nasty, irresponsible and cruel thing to do. I hope those teenagers were arrested and heavily fined.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2019, 07:10 AM

Around here people put out scraps in their gardens for the gulls and they are a damn nuisance crapping all over our windows and patio.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2019, 07:27 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
What a thoroughly nasty, irresponsible and cruel thing to do. I hope those teenagers were arrested and heavily fined.
Surely it's one of those things that young folk do that while it's not exactly the right thing to do nevertheless doesn't harm the birds, unlike the bread, string, and two fish hooks "game" and is a bit of a giggle, or at least that's how it looks to the perpetrators at the time!

I know that when I was that age doing silly things were commonplace. The cling film across a lavatory bowl but under the seat so as not to be obvious for one.

The potato stuffed up the exhaust on cars for another and slipping someone's dog at a few Senokots at a party (they love 'em!) And within half an hour it becomes the centre of attention for everyone.

These things, and so very many more, were done! It's all part of the exuberance of youth.

But some things went far beyond the pale. The fish hooks thing which is just plain cruel and fatal for the birds being one.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2019, 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Around here people put out scraps in their gardens for the gulls and they are a damn nuisance crapping all over our windows and patio.
Wot? The people crapping or the gulls?
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2019, 08:04 AM

Surely it's one of those things that young folk do that while it's not exactly the right thing to do nevertheless doesn't harm the birds,
They had no way of knowing - and didn't seem to care - whether or not it would harm the birds. Clearly it did - it scoured the insides out of them! I don't find that at all funny.

The potato stuffed up the exhaust on cars for another and slipping someone's dog at a few Senokots at a party
Another very cruel trick. Human medication is just not right for animals and can be dangerous even fatal!

These things, and so very many more, were done! It's all part of the exuberance of youth.
Not when I was growing up. Do as you would be done by - was the watch phrase. The cling film/lavatory seat thing might be mildly amusing - unless you were the one cleaning up the mess - but administering drugs of any kind to birds/animals - definitely not. It is dangerous and cruel.

How would you like it if someone stuffed your food/drink with laxatives or any other drugs and laughed at the results?
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2019, 08:07 AM

They had no way of knowing - and didn't seem to care - whether or not it would harm the birds. Clearly it did - it scoured the insides out of them! I don't find that at all funny.

Another very cruel trick. Human medication is just not right for animals and can be dangerous even fatal!

Not when I was growing up. Do as you would be done by - was the watch phrase. The cling film/lavatory seat thing might be mildly amusing - unless you were the one cleaning up the mess - but administering drugs of any kind to birds/animals - definitely not. It is dangerous and cruel.

How would you like it if someone stuffed your food/drink with laxatives or any other drugs and laughed at the results?
Well said Tabs, I don't understand how being cruel can be fun!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

20-04-2019, 08:11 AM

Thank you, TessA. I have a good sense humour - but that is just not funny. Those poor birds!!
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

20-04-2019, 08:40 AM

LOL!

Being "crapped" was a thing that was far from unusual when I was a teenager. Senokots were the thing of choice because it's easy to carry and is tasteless in hot chocolate. I was "got" on a couple of occasions and soon after saw the funny side.

Ex-lax chocolate was another favourite. Again added to a mug of hot chocolate. Not as fast acting as Senokots though.

Cats were another target for some.

Shaved, some sorta poodle style, some skinhead style, some modified with hair dye. Not my thing though.

The thing that I don't like is how some people around here put out saucers of a certain commonly available liquid that cats love as a response to people's moggies crapping in their gardens.
It causes massive kidney damage usually leading to a very painful death. Not nice, not funny.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2019, 09:05 AM

LOL!

Being "crapped" was a thing that was far from unusual when I was a teenager. Senokots were the thing of choice because it's easy to carry and is tasteless in hot chocolate. I was "got" on a couple of occasions and soon after saw the funny side.

Ex-lax chocolate was another favourite. Again added to a mug of hot chocolate. Not as fast acting as Senokots though.

Cats were another target for some.

Shaved, some sorta poodle style, some skinhead style, some modified with hair dye. Not my thing though.

The thing that I don't like is how some people around here put out saucers of a certain commonly available liquid that cats love as a response to people's moggies crapping in their gardens.
It causes massive kidney damage usually leading to a very painful death. Not nice, not funny.
Good heavens, where were you brought up? Where I was brought up children were taught to respect all life, even animals, but then I lived with civilized, intelligent people, not idiots !
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2019, 09:35 AM

Wot? The people crapping or the gulls?

Page 5 of 10 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top