Join for free
Page 5 of 9 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »
Kitty
London
Kitty is female  Kitty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2011, 11:42 PM

Re: Butter

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
Yes, merz, I suspect it's a nature/nurture thing. Genetically programmed to be very similar, but upbringing and life experiences would lead to different tastes .....

Leia cat, who tends to exaggerate a bit, tells company that I feed her on bread and water ... which is why she's skin and bones as her pics all show ,... little drama queen...
Just had a look at your beautiful cat, she is a stunner
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2011, 11:50 PM

Originally Posted by Kitty ->
Just had a look at your beautiful cat, she is a stunner
Awwww. thanks She's a pretty girl. Spoiled rotten and I love her to bits!
Marie Rachel
Phila Pa
Marie Rachel is female  Marie Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2011, 08:27 PM

I'm a butter lover. BUTTER BUTTER BUTTER. Margerine is awful. On occassion I have used "I can't believe it's not butter" spray for corn on the cob and other veggies. But yes..butter is love to me. LOVE!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2011, 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
Awwww. thanks She's a pretty girl. Spoiled rotten and I love her to bits!
Eileen does Leia like butter , my cats always loved to lick it off my fingers.
Over here they say you should rub butter on a cats paws when you move house to stop them running away to they say that in the USA?
I guess they are so busy licking it off they forget to run away
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2011, 10:20 PM

Yes, that tale about butter and paws has been around forever; it probably came over on the Mayflower with the colonists cats! Leia likes butter and will always eat a bit; but one of my earlier cats, Patches, a brindled tortie, was absolutely mad for butter. I rehomed her when she was an adult cat, and had obviously been in a house with strict rules: she thought she wasn't allowed on the furniture for one thing. But ...... even though she knew jumping on a table was bad and stealing food was strictly verboten, she couldn't resist butter! Truthfully,sometimes I'd put the butter out and then pretend not to see when she hopped up and started licking. Yes, I know, not sanitary, but I just wiped off the edge where she'd licked ....never sick in a day! (I can visualize the non-cat people shuddering...)

More than you wanted to know about cats and butter.... ?

The butter thief dozing:

Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2011, 10:33 PM

Butter for me also. Not long ago my local shop was selling two tubs of Lurpak for £2.50 so I bought some. It is expensive over here and I have to have the spreadable, which is even dearer. I spotted similar tubs in Aldi and, although not Lurpak, I decided to try it and by heck, it's as close as it comes to tasting the same, at half the price.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2011, 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by Dandysmom
The butter thief dozing:
mmmm I looks like 'Butter wouldn't melt in her mouth' as they say
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2011, 10:49 PM

I get Utterly Butterly from Lidyl
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA

13-10-2011, 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
mmmm I looks like 'Butter wouldn't melt in her mouth' as they say
Oh GOOD one, Meg!
Berxer
Chatterbox
S.Wales, UK
Berxer is female  Berxer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2011, 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by Mollie ->
Butter for me also. Not long ago my local shop was selling two tubs of Lurpak for £2.50 so I bought some. It is expensive over here and I have to have the spreadable, which is even dearer. I spotted similar tubs in Aldi and, although not Lurpak, I decided to try it and by heck, it's as close as it comes to tasting the same, at half the price.
Yes, I've tried that one from Aldi (or was it Lidl)??

As you spent time in Germany Mollie, do you remember the name of any butters? I adored one, but can't quite recall the name......I think it was something like 'Markenbutter', it was without added salt.

Page 5 of 9 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top