Join for free
Page 5 of 9 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2020, 12:38 PM

Re: Ciara

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
Terrible here last night, the roof was blown off one of the pubs in the town centre, lots of flats there too I expect the people have been told to leave. The buildings are very old in that part of town.
I just caught the end of that story on the news I think. Were a few people injured?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2020, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by biffo ->
keep the wind behind you OGF
Originally Posted by Mups ->
Get the wind behind you Foxy, and you'll be back in half the time.

Whoops - sorry Biffo.
Thanks biffo and Mups, I decided to go the full eight after all, the wind was behind me for the four miles out, crosswinds for another two, and then headwind and driving rain for the last two....To say it was 'testing' would be an understatement...
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2020, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Dreadful here, I managed to go across the fields with a reluctant Chloe and keep my footing in the wind before the latest torrential rain hit us .

Thank goodness I don't have to go out again till lunch time and then it will be a brief spending a penny moment we don't have to go far.

My concern now is for the power lines, they often come down here in bad weather and for 4 days one time leaving me without heat other than a hot water bottle. I do have a camping stove at the ready in the garage.

Stay safe everyone
You should really consider having an inside loo fitted.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2020, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2020, 01:27 PM

Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2020, 03:00 PM

Earlier Holly was curled up on the chair by the lounge window, till a few branches came flying across the road and hit the glass. Made us both jump. Then not long afterwards there was another hit.

We went out around 8.30, 9, for her first toilet. And I have just taken her out across the road for a quick wee, about 1.45. Hoping it will all calm down later (about 5) for a longer walk, before I finish cooking my roast meal.

If I was to take her out into the garden she will just stand there, looking daft. She will only wee or poop if really desperate.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2020, 03:09 PM

I must have missed it ... it got a bit blowy but that was about it.

The sun's out now, it's lovely, and the wind has really dropped off after slatting it down with rain this morning.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2020, 03:51 PM

Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2020, 04:01 PM

It's really rouhg here, too.
It's teeming down with rain now, nearly blowing sideways it is.

Dogs will have to make do with the garden today, and they even tried to run back in from there!

My son just sent me a pic of his neighbours fence about to take off just now, and a friend said she went out in her car, but turned back because of all the branches in the road where she lives (she's near Luton).

I think I'd best go and rescue my wheelie bin, it's gone down the driveway and getting a bit too near the pavement now.

Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2020, 05:09 PM

I went out to get today's paper and croissants this morning and all I saw were the remains of last year's leaves finally off the trees and a few twigs on the pavements.

Page 5 of 9 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top