Join for free
Page 5 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2020, 09:14 PM

Re: Crazy bast**d

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
same here, no comparison

Thank you Queenie.
Glad someone can see what I mean, eat least.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2020, 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by Savvy ->
I don't know what world you live in, but yes, the world I occupy is violent.

There are over 16,000 people murdered in the US every year, a total of well over a million and a half violent assaults (FBI figures) I live in the second most dangerous county the second most dangerous state in the nation.

In the previous century the world averaged of over a million people a year killed by the hands of others, we are a violent species and we have created a violent world. We all share responsibility.

Just look at the little war in Iraq. It is estimated that there has been over 280,000 deaths in that conflict, the vast majority civilians. Perhaps that is OK because they are not like us.

If you think that the UK has clean hands in mass murder, then I would remind you of the fire bombing of Dresden. If you don't know that history, the US and the UK teamed up to destroy a cultural center that was free of military targets. In a well planned and well executed mission, we intentionally roasted or suffocated tens of thousands, primarily women children and old people, in one day. (estimates range from a low of 25,000 to perhaps a half million) That just a few weeks before the war ended. Remember "Bomber Harris?"

For me, personally, the last physical confrontation I had was a fight, between two drunk sailors, resulting in a bloody nose for me, and no worse for the other guy, when I was a teenager, at a Navy EM club. It has been nearly 50 years, so I don't remember what we fought over. My avoidance of physical confrontation doesn't change the fact that you and I live in violent world.

Well all I can say, Savvy is I am so very grateful I don't live in your violent world. Look how it has shaped your view of life for a start.

I do not want to live a life afraid of being touched, or afraid of reaching out to others either.

I have no more to say on this subject now.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2020, 09:19 PM

There are over 16,000 people murdered in the US every year, a total of well over a million and a half violent assaults (FBI figures) I live in the second most dangerous county the second most dangerous state in the nation.

In the previous century the world averaged of over a million people a year killed by the hands of others, we are a violent species and we have created a violent world. We all share responsibility.

Just look at the little war in Iraq. It is estimated that there has been over 280,000 deaths in that conflict, the vast majority civilians. Perhaps that is OK because they are not like us.

If you think that the UK has clean hands in mass murder, then I would remind you of the fire bombing of Dresden. If you don't know that history, the US and the UK teamed up to destroy a cultural center that was free of military targets. In a well planned and well executed mission, we intentionally roasted or suffocated tens of thousands, primarily women children and old people, in one day. (estimates range from a low of 25,000 to perhaps a half million) That just a few weeks before the war ended. Remember "Bomber Harris?"

For me, personally, the last physical confrontation I had was a fight, between two drunk sailors, resulting in a bloody nose for me, and no worse for the other guy, when I was a teenager, at a Navy EM club. It has been nearly 50 years, so I don't remember what we fought over. My avoidance of physical confrontation doesn't change the fact that you and I live in violent world.
Bleeding hell ... you were just itching to spout all that weren't you.

War in Iraq? The bombing of Dresden? You just stepped out of the Tardis didn't you?
Erm, and not to mention, Hiroshima & Nagasaki and the country who currently has one of the biggest braggarts and gung-ho warmongers the world has had the misfortune to suffer ..

This my friend is why Americans love/feel the need to carry guns and have appointed themselves as the world's policeman, and probably visit more psychiatric counselors than any other nation in the world ....
as you said yourself .... Quote: I live in the second most dangerous county the second most dangerous state in the nation.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2020, 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Well all I can say, Savvy is I am so very grateful I don't live in your violent world. Look how it has shaped your view of life for a start.

I do not want to live a life afraid of being touched, or afraid of reaching out to others either.

I have no more to say on this subject now.
Come on Julie Andrews, call me Mary Poppins, and we can clasp hands and skip over the horizon together.
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2020, 09:25 PM

That wouldn't happen to be in a prison, would it ?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

09-02-2020, 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Come on Julie Andrews, call me Mary Poppins, and we can clasp hands and skip over the horizon together.

Hiya Morti I meant every word I said though. x

Heavens!! I blew a kiss, that must be even worse than touching! Don't call the cops will you Mort.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England

09-02-2020, 09:27 PM

Yes! It's sexual harassment ... tut ...tut.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

09-02-2020, 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Yes! It's sexual harassment ... tut ...tut.

Oh dear . . now I'm in trouble.

OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2020, 11:32 AM

Blimey Bakerman, the bloke helped you and all you were doing was acknowledging his help by a friendly tap on the shoulder.
If it was me, I would have appreciated your acknowledgement and probably replied "Your Welcome"....It's a universal response.....
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2020, 11:45 AM

My power just came back on after a day and a half and this is the first thread I read. Whoaa!...I don't know what to say. So I'll just read it again, have a good think, a cup of tea and a nice (Peaceful) lie down. It has made me realise what a laid back society I live in. Can I ask how you (that is the collective "you") got from an innocent touch on the shoulder that got a bad reaction to the bombing of Dresden?

Page 5 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top