Join for free
Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2021, 11:48 AM

Re: Own Brand Ready Salted Potato Crisps X 6.

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
What's wrong with crinkle crisps?
ST, l don’t like the texture.

As Annie says, they are too thick. I would prefer thin plain cut.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2021, 11:57 AM

Well this is my first and second attempt at making the crisps, Kazz kindly posted the method.

The first lot stuck to the plate a bit even though l oiled it. Might have been because l didn’t swish them in a bag of oil. I just coated them.
My second attempt, l did put them in the bag of oil. I don’t like the spray oil, it smells of petrol to me!
They did shrink a lot but l have to say, they aren’t bad if you’re stuck for crisps! They were a bit hard in texture to eat.

I had to microwave them for about 7 minutes as they weren’t going brown.
I don’t think l will be introducing ‘Artangel Crisps’ in the very near future!!

The first lot l did are on the smaller darker plate..

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	87CAB6AB-E9B1-4718-ACA2-7DEA6BD83C86.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	43.5 KB
ID:	15181   Click image for larger version

Name:	1CBADA58-D046-49DE-A453-D7D6313D2312.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	21.1 KB
ID:	15182  
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2021, 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I occasionally buy Walkers crisps but they keep going up and up. A packet of crisps is nice with a sandwich now and again.
Quite a few times now, l have found the small bags partially open, as if they are not secured properly in the factory and the crisps inside are soft and stale. I have informed Walkers but it still happens.

Instead, l have been purchasing own brand Salted Potato Crisps x 6 and these vary in quality and taste.
Waitrose, Tesco’s and Sainsbury’s are nice but Marks and Spencer’s and Morrison’s aren’t nice. The M&S ones were the worst.

So, l wondered if you could recommend any own brand or similar crisps?
Do you stick to Walkers and wouldn’t dream of buying own brand crisps?
I only like Salted Crisps, not flavoured. Maybe cheese and onion at a push!
I used to love Oxo and Beef crisps years ago.

Smith's are nice l think Arty!

Donkeyman! 👍🤗🤗👍
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2021, 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Seabrooks are very nice crisps. Surprising they are only in poundland and asda. They are also gluten free.

Walkers salt n shake are, well...walkers.

I like Tyrrells too.

Although I do buy marks and spencer ready salted because they are also gluten free.
I always buy Seabrook sea salted Crinkle Cut
Sainsburys sell them ,got some today .6 pack £1 .
My second choice would be Kettle plain , I never eat flavoured crisps , but the price is ridiculous!
M&S do good enough single bags but they work out expensive too.
I would never buy own brand,probably because I think they wouldn’t use best quality potatoes though I might be wrong .
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

30-03-2021, 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
I always buy Seabrook sea salted Crinkle Cut
Sainsburys sell them ,got some today .6 pack £1 .
My second choice would be Kettle plain , I never eat flavoured crisps , but the price is ridiculous!
M&S do good enough single bags but they work out expensive too.
I would never buy own brand,probably because I think they wouldn’t use best quality potatoes though I might be wrong .
Zuleika, It was M&S crisps x 6 that l found to be the worst of own brands!

I rarely eat flavoured crisps as they leave me feeling l have eaten additives and l get a feeling of an allergic reaction. It’s hard to describe.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

30-03-2021, 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Smith's are nice l think Arty!

Donkeyman! 👍🤗🤗👍
Yes, they are, Donkeyman but l have only seen them with the little blue sachet of salt.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2021, 02:03 PM

Zuleika, It was M&S crisps x 6 that l found to be the worst of own brands!

I rarely eat flavoured crisps as they leave me feeling l have eaten additives and l get a feeling of an allergic reaction. It’s hard to describe.
It’s quite a while since I had M&S so they might have worsened . Additives ? Yes I agree with your theory MSG used to be the culprit ,have manufacturers stopped using it or got round it by renaming it?
I’m fussy on what I put into my body so have been a label reader for years and have to do without many things I like .

There are things I’d like to try that include things I’m not familiar with ...Chives for instance . What exactly are they?
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2021, 02:44 PM

Chives - a herb with a mild onion taste. Can be eaten raw or used in cooking. They are delicious when added to scrambled eggs!

I always have a pot of them on my kitchen window sill but they can be grown out doors as well and have a pretty flower.

Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2021, 03:44 PM

Oh that's a pretty flower, Tabby! I do like chives, and have them with Tuna & light mayo as a filling for baked potatoes.
Zuleika
North West UK

31-03-2021, 06:30 PM

No one mentioned the Seabrook’s were Crinkle crisps! I don’t like ‘crinkle’ crisps!
They do Plain( and boring) as well as Crinkle and Crinkle are nicer because the salt gets into the crinkles .

Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top