Join for free
Page 5 of 14 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2021, 03:34 PM

Re: No talent "art""

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
even the concept of abstract "art" is baloney.
I don't know. If you would like to define the concept of abstract art, we could then go on to assess its baloney content.
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2021, 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by Harbal ->
I don't know. If you would like to define the concept of abstract art, we could then go on to assess its baloney content.
Define the concept of abstract art ? How does one define something which is total B.S. ?
Personally, I think all of those so-called 'artists" are having us on. Rather like those Rorschach tests that psychologist use to assess the mental thinking of patients. Of course, those ink blots have no actual meaning.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2021, 03:51 PM

Define the concept of abstract art ? How does one define something which is total B.S. ?
Personally, I think all of those so-called 'artists" are having us on.
You don't understand something, so you immediately dismiss it as B.S? That's not really respectful now is it? You have an opinion - which is valid of course, but its sounding like you may be a bit envious of someone making money from something which in your opinion, is worthless rubbish. Would I be right?
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2021, 04:02 PM

You are dismissing abstract art, but you don't even seem to know what you mean by the term. Just what are you including in the category of abstract art, and what is contained in the concept of it that you reject?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2021, 04:20 PM

I heard a story on the radio the other day of someone who bought an 'invisible sculpture' on Ebay for £16,000 or something like that.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2021, 04:22 PM

You have made my point. Thank you, Harbal.
If you, or anyone else, can not tell the difference, then the entire world of abstract "art' is baloney.
In fact, even the concept of abstract "art" is baloney.
All I can say is, "if you don't like it, then don't buy it" but some people do, so why why criticize their taste? Nobody is asking you to buy them!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2021, 04:22 PM

I suppose art is in the eye of the beholder, a bit like the other thing, what was it now?...... ah that's it..... biscuits.
Harbal
South Yorkshire

12-06-2021, 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I suppose art is in the eye of the beholder, a bit like the other thing, what was it now?...... ah that's it..... biscuits.
I hate getting biscuit in my eye, Spitty.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2021, 04:46 PM

Art is in the eye of biscuits? Are you seeing Mary in your toast again, LD?
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK

12-06-2021, 04:47 PM

I heard a story on the radio the other day of someone who bought an 'invisible sculpture' on Ebay for £16,000 or something like that.
Someone up here tried to sell fresh Scottish air in little bottles. Worked too, for a while!

Page 5 of 14 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top