Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2012, 08:49 PM

Re: Cyclists.

I think, maybe its something to do with the difference in sound between a bell and a horn, a bell is a softer sound than a horn, plus being a woman I think I drive more defensively than men and avoid or wait rather than assert myself. Different subject but it's surprising how many male drivers assume women drivers are a pushover and have a disparaging attitude - so I drive defensively and play meek and mild.
As a motorist and a pedestrian I don't have a down on cyclists as a group, just some of the individuals on two wheels who think they have the right to do as they please. I am sure some don't think they are road users like everyone else. If motorists wove willy nilly in and out of traffic, up and down on the pavement as they pleased what would happen? Plus I am well aware how vulnerable cyclists on our roads; that's why I just watch what they are doing (if I can actualy see them and they don't suddenly appear on my inside) and I won't beep at them. If ever I knocked one off his bike and did some damage to a cyclist whoever was to blame, I don't think I would want to drive again.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2012, 09:38 PM

Rena said :----If motorists wove willy nilly in and out of traffic, up and down on the pavement as they pleased what would happen?

Up here they do, I have been on to our highways department now for 2 years to try and stop cars and lorries, yes lorries as well, from overtaking on the pavement at busy times outside our house.
The highways tell me to ring the police, the police don't want to know, they just say they will keep an eye on the problem.
When they come within 2 foot of a house with 2 young children in it bothers me, both the wife and I watch and look before stepping out.
We have had cars upside down on the pavement and all sorts, even a police car smashed up which I have pictures of.
They will do something no doubt when someone gets hurt.
Mlee
CA USA
Mlee is female  Mlee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2012, 12:34 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
No Honey darlin' they're not allowed to ride on the pavement and since my own mobility is somewhat suspect, I carry a walking stick. One of these days some ignorant cyclist near me on the pavement is going to discover my walking stick poked through his front spokes.
Hey, hey Uncle Joe
Good show.

You think like I think! LOL
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2012, 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by Mlee ->
Hey, hey Uncle Joe
Good show.

You think like I think! LOL
Two great minds think alike Mlee darlin'
Mlee
CA USA
Mlee is female  Mlee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2012, 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Two great minds think alike Mlee darlin'
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~You got it Uncle Joe! LOL

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top